Dolphins Free Agency Tracker 14th March | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Free Agency Tracker 14th March

So we tendered Asiata but cut brendel?

What the...
Starting to look like certain guys might not be measuring up to a certain hidden criteria of Grier.

Dang, I was hoping the Dolphins would use a year like this to take a flier on Jason Verrett.

Grier is a complete and utter idiot. He will give a guy like Rowe a shot, but not Verrett. Verrett has been elite when healthy and Rowe, at his best, is depth.

Verretts damn good when healthy assuming he hasn’t lost anything....

Cause he’s literally never healthy

Maybe that’s why the dolphins are playing the compensatory pick game so tight.. bc they might dump a load of future picks to go get Murray... need all the capital they can get....

I mean I think Quinn gets overly criticized on here. He absolutely created pressure, but the DEs just didn’t finish like we needed them to, him included.

The team finished bottom 4 in sacks, a team that invested heavily in the DLine so they can get sacks. So I get the hate.

You can’t bring him back on a 1 year deal at that number . . . Makes no sense. But I wouldn’t be opposed to an extension or a trade.

And damn the OV burn on Tannehill lol

Wow vernon on tanne
Even mike wallace replied on his tweet

Ryan probably is not a good leader, can t immagine him being a bad person though

Vernon merely echoing the sentiments of many other people in league circles

Mike Wallace and Jordan Phillips in on it. No suprises there.

OV still surprising with the talk. Same draft class and a quiet dude.

Tannehill never had that respect a franchise QB gets. It is more than obvious. Not even saying he is a bad dude, but nobody comes to this guys defense . . . .ever.

I think this feeling is mutual throughout the league as well

Tanny is still on the team bc it would be an obvious tell that a QB is in play during the draft imo

That and it may make it maybe 1% more enticing to FAs that there is a qb better than rudock on the roster

Mike Wallace and Jordan Phillips in on it. No suprises there.

OV still surprising with the talk. Same draft class and a quiet dude.

Tannehill never had that respect a franchise QB gets. It is more than obvious. Not even saying he is a bad dude, but nobody comes to this guys defense . . . .ever.

I think this feeling is mutual throughout the league as well
Makes me think what Miko Grimes said about the team mates was true.

Also I wouldn't count out Bortles to Miami yet.

No disrespect intended to Vernon, I always liked the guy. But consider the source, one DE with a bloated contract defending another DE with a bloated contract … that's the very definition of a self-serving comment. I'm sure OV sincerely believes it … but that doesn't change the fact that it is a self-serving comment.

The Dolphins are not the same team with the same plan of attack in 2019 that they were before the 2018 season. We're blowing it up and starting over, which means we're taking a long-term approach to team building, and a grizzled veteran like Quinn simply isn't going to be worth much to a team targeting 2020 or 2021 before it is fully competing again. Quinn is not worth the cost in the interim, and no matter how effective he might be during the next year or two, it's not enough to make this team win. The more important piece is that he's unlikely to be performing at a high level when we need him to do so, which is 2021 and the years after that. He simply has no future here.

With that in mind, yeah, he must go. If we can get something in trade for his contract, we trade him. If not, we cut him and move on. But, OV is wrong … past performances are not the basis of future contract decisions. At best they represent indicators from which we extrapolate expected future performance … and the future we're building for isn't 2019, it doesn't even begin until 2020, and when we'll need production is 2021, by which time Quinn is unlikely to be able to produce. And, we shouldn't be paying that price in the interim. Quinn is not going to be a Miami Dolphin in 2019, it just doesn't make any sense.

What OV should have said is that comparing Quinn to Tannehill is completely appropriate, because neither veteran player makes sense for the rebuilding Dolphins, so both guys should be looking for greener pastures to continue their careers. Neither is a bad guy or a bad player, but neither is a fit for what the Dolphins are doing at this time either.

Starting to look like certain guys might not be measuring up to a certain hidden criteria of Grier.

Dang, I was hoping the Dolphins would use a year like this to take a flier on Jason Verrett.

Grier is a complete and utter idiot. He will give a guy like Rowe a shot, but not Verrett. Verrett has been elite when healthy and Rowe, at his best, is depth.

You cant say a guys been elite when he's healthy when he's never healthy.

Dudes knees are made out of sawdust and I bet he's probably going to get hurt again this year.

Back
Top Bottom