Dolphins’ Gase defends Howard; Players react to loss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ Gase defends Howard; Players react to loss

datruth55

Hungry for defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins coach Adam Gase on Tuesday defended cornerback Xavien Howard, who has had a difficult second season amid high expectations.

Howard, a second-round draft pick in 2016, doesn’t have an interception in his career and Pro Football Focus rates him 115th of 116 qualifying cornerbacks this season.

According to PFF, Howard against Carolina on Monday allowed five receptions on seven targets for 87 yards and three touchdowns.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article184575253.html#storylink=cpy

"For perspective, the UM-Notre Dame game generated a 15.6 local rating – higher than the rating for every Dolphins game this season."

So much for anymore prime time games next year

Defense quit on Gase in the 2nd half. Wonder if Gase is going to defend that. Does he give them a pass because his offense was once again horrific or does he hold those accountable who he sees half assing it or completely giving up when they go over the tape?

I'm sick of Gase coming up with all the excuses for the defense all the time. The defense was horrible and it had nothing to do with the offense. They were man handle all game long. The over paid D-line was pushed around again last night. The LB's were just horrible and Howard looks lost out there. I will give him this. It hard to play corner with no pass rush in front of you but still, Tank is doing better with the same lack of pass rush. TJM gets a pass from me as that was his first game while Carolina was playing it's 9 game of the year so he needs time.

Larsen? he's a career back up so why would anyone expect him to be a savior? The FO messed up thinking that HIM plus 4 guys from last year would get the job done

Ozzy rules!!

We have an overpaid DT with three guys behind him on their rookie contracts (by the way Phillips is even fatter in person than he looks on TV), one DE that is grossly overpaid in Branch and one DT that has earned his paycheck but looks to have fallen off the cliff (age has finally caught up to Wake). The other guys are all fairly cheap in Harris (rookie), Fede (still on his rookie contract) and Hayes (cheap). When you say over paid it's really one guy though and that's Suh. It's kind of like signing a LT to an overpaid contract and putting 3 rookies and one veteran on the O-line with him and blaming all of their issues on the one LT.

I mean this is what you get when the people in charge have no clue how to properly put a roster together.

Ok so maybe I should have said overrated but think about it this way. Suh is a great player but he should have never gotten such a big contract. Only a QB or a player that actually sacks the QB should be close to that kind of money. Branch's contract was a big mistake and Wake is done imo. I'm sure he can still have a good game from time to time but he doesn't do anything for weeks at a time. I know the others are all pretty young. I'm still upset at what this team has become and all the guarantee money they've given out to so many players. We're maxed out with the cap and we have no extra picks so call it what you will, our defense sucks

Ozzy rules!!

Let hope Lippett recovers next year. I feel completely fine with Lippett, Tankersley, Howard, and McCain as my CB depth

As a Dolphins fan living in NJ, having to listen to all the NY Giants callers on the radio saying the defense quit on HC Ben McAdoo, well they might as well be talking about the Dolphins.

"For perspective, the UM-Notre Dame game generated a 15.6 local rating – higher than the rating for every Dolphins game this season."

So much for anymore prime time games next year

Works for me. I'll take a Sunday game at 1300 every week!

The solution is really very simple. Either tank and play McTyre, or if you are still trying to win games, play Alteraun Vernon.

Yes, he wasn't earning his huge salary and he was cut, but he has never in his life played anywhere near as bad as Howard.

Vernon has had years of over 100 tackles,5 interceptions and 23 passes defensed, and he is only 28.

Howard sucks. Going no where in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom