Dolphins getting respect on nfl.com poll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins getting respect on nfl.com poll

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We are in third behind Oakland and Tampa for team most likely to turn around into a playoff team on the front page nfl.com poll.

saves said:
Behind Tampa??

Hard to argue with that they still have most of there D in place and the offense should be able to rally around 1 QB this year instead of 3 last year.

I agree. I know are record last season was BAD, but I don't think we were that bad. Take away 8 int returns for td's and we win a few more games.. Not to mention we killed the Patriots.. That was sweet!

I live in Tampa, and i know they are not as excited as we are about this year. There O-Line got no major improvements, in fact they lost one of there best ones Matt Stinchomb. They didnt pick up the threat at WR they were looking for, instead lost Joe Juerviscious. Lost one of there better LBs in Ian Gold one year after they got him, lost Dwight Smith etc etc. They picked up just a FA or 2, and had just an avearge draft.

Even Buc fans are telling me the Dolphins will be better this year.

Remember, the NFC is so weak that 8-8 teams get into the playoffs,even as division winners. So choosing Tampa isn't so far-fetched, if you consider their circumstances.
Oakland? They're assuming Lamont Jordan and Randy Moss are the missing pieces. Remember, Norv Turner is still the head coach. What did he ever do in Washington? 1 playoff year, 5-6 losing seasons(off the top of my head) I don't bet on Oakland to make the playoffs, either. San Diego, KC, Pitt, Balt, NYJets, Pats, Colts are the top tier teams, then Buffalo, Cincy, Jax behind them. It'll be tough for us and Oakland to squeeze past that crew this year and steal a spot.

Bopkin02 said:
Remember, the NFC is so weak that 8-8 teams get into the playoffs,even as division winners. So choosing Tampa isn't so far-fetched, if you consider their circumstances.
Oakland? They're assuming Lamont Jordan and Randy Moss are the missing pieces. Remember, Norv Turner is still the head coach. What did he ever do in Washington? 1 playoff year, 5-6 losing seasons(off the top of my head) I don't bet on Oakland to make the playoffs, either. San Diego, KC, Pitt, Balt, NYJets, Pats, Colts are the top tier teams, then Buffalo, Cincy, Jax behind them. It'll be tough for us and Oakland to squeeze past that crew this year and steal a spot.

I honestly dont see Buffalo with Losman being any better than us. Or cincy or Jax.

I'm not saying they're "better than" us, I'm saying right now, if you stacked it up, I think those teams would be odds on favorites to finish ahead of us. I said it would be tough to squeeze past this group (because there are about 10 teams there contending for 6 spots) and steal a spot, not impossible. But unlikely this year. New systems, new players filling holes, this year is a muligan for me. Whatever happens happens, no expectations. Next year, though, should be a different story.

dolphin_safe said:
I don't know where we stand overall - but I like us better than Oakland or Tampa!

I agree....especially Tampa, their D can't carry that team anymore...Tampa is just not a good team. I'm surprised their coached hasn't picked up Jerry Rice yet.

FinaticPatch said:
I honestly dont see Buffalo with Losman being any better than us. Or cincy or Jax.

I agree, not this year. But I honestly think Losman will be a good solution long term, which is something we don't have right now.

FinaticPatch said:

I'm not sure I agree with that. I could see Jacksonville representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. They have an outstanding young team that is only going to improve from last years performance.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I'm not sure I agree with that. I could see Jacksonville representing the AFC in the Super Bowl. They have an outstanding young team that is only going to improve from last years performance.

Jax is the one I proably should have left off this list. But Buffalo is one of the teams I feel batter at QB than for this season and Cincy well its going to take more than Palmer and CJ to make them a contender year in year out.

Back
Top Bottom