Dolphins giving Eric Rowe a three-year, $18 M extension with $7 M guaranteed.

Stills&Landry

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The one thing I can say about this year is that TE's have not been eating us up as they did in the past... everyone else has... but not TE's.

I attributed that more to Baker but Baker was here last year, and the TE's still ate us up... so maybe Rowe has something to do with it.

I dont hate the deal, I just hope we dont extend many more players on this team other than DVP and maybe Godchaux to team friendly deals.
What do you think about 2yrs $7 mill for Jenkins?

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a contract that turns 2020 into a "rain or shine" year for Eric Rowe, as in he's guaranteed to be on the roster regardless of what happens, barring something really drastic that makes them value the 53rd roster spot more than him.

After what he's done post-bye week in his transition to the new position, I think he deserved that much. He's been healthy.

But if he wants to keep those second and third years on the contract, he's going to have to stay healthy.

He's 26 years old, a 6'1" former 2nd round pick with 4.37 speed, and the contract gives Miami ownership of his upside.

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

Feverdream

Active Roster
Reaction score
Basically high back-up money.

Another Jesse Davis-like signing.

Very smart.

ATL_PHIN_FAN

Winner Under Construction
Reaction score
Gah, wonder if maybe our staff knows a thing or two about using and limiting the TE? :ponder:

dahlmarino

Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84
Reaction score
I’d say that’s a good middle-of-the-road contract for a veteran safety. Moving him away from the LOS seems to be doing both the team and his longevity some good.

Lilseb93

This Is My House
Reaction score
He was one of the worst CBs I have ever seen. Great move putting him at safety. He's found a position that works for him. And this contract is very reasonable and gives the org. control of his upside.

Top Bottom