Dolphins giving Eric Rowe a three-year, $18 M extension with $7 M guaranteed. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins giving Eric Rowe a three-year, $18 M extension with $7 M guaranteed.

The one thing I can say about this year is that TE's have not been eating us up as they did in the past... everyone else has... but not TE's.

I attributed that more to Baker but Baker was here last year, and the TE's still ate us up... so maybe Rowe has something to do with it.

I dont hate the deal, I just hope we dont extend many more players on this team other than DVP and maybe Godchaux to team friendly deals.

What do you think about 2yrs $7 mill for Jenkins?

giphy.gif

This is a contract that turns 2020 into a "rain or shine" year for Eric Rowe, as in he's guaranteed to be on the roster regardless of what happens, barring something really drastic that makes them value the 53rd roster spot more than him.

After what he's done post-bye week in his transition to the new position, I think he deserved that much. He's been healthy.

But if he wants to keep those second and third years on the contract, he's going to have to stay healthy.

He's 26 years old, a 6'1" former 2nd round pick with 4.37 speed, and the contract gives Miami ownership of his upside.

Basically high back-up money.

Another Jesse Davis-like signing.

Very smart.

Gah, wonder if maybe our staff knows a thing or two about using and limiting the TE? :ponder:

I was confused earlier, but he did play well against one of the best TEs in the game.

I’d say that’s a good middle-of-the-road contract for a veteran safety. Moving him away from the LOS seems to be doing both the team and his longevity some good.

He was one of the worst CBs I have ever seen. Great move putting him at safety. He's found a position that works for him. And this contract is very reasonable and gives the org. control of his upside.

Good deal. If he starts to bust it's an easy contract to clear

Seems like very good value. He’s been awesome In his role

Back
Top Bottom