Dolphins giving Eric Rowe a three-year, $18 M extension with $7 M guaranteed. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins giving Eric Rowe a three-year, $18 M extension with $7 M guaranteed.

In addition to his play, I'm inclined to believe he's been invaluble in teaching those younger players that "Patriot-Way" of playing back there.
Likely, we're going to have infusion of new talent back there in 2020 and his precense and ability to teach will go a long way.

He's decent to me nothing spectacular. His real value, imo, is in his experience with this scheme and these coaches.

Not a bad contract and easy to get out of. He has played well so I'm ok with this.

He was hot garbage at corner, but he has been great at safety. Smart move.

What do you think about 2yrs $7 mill for Jenkins?

I would think to extend either Godchaux or Jenkins but not both. I think 2 years 7 mil is too good for either of them. There are plenty of DT's who we can plug and play to have similar impacts. 2 year 3 to 4 mil each would be fine with me but at that rate I would sign one and keep looking at other young and incoming players at that position to try to find a diamond instead of keeping them both.

I think we are good at DT and should focus on DE. Rushers seem to be gashing us on the edge instead of up the gut like in recent past years.

Basically high back-up money.

Another Jesse Davis-like signing.

Very smart.

The difference is that Jesse Davis is and plays like a back up and Rowe is a medicore starter. The value is there with Rowe. Jesse James' contract is actually bloated for his talent... that said he is one of this team's best olineman.

Last edited:
I was hoping for package safety money. Doesn’t appear to be in the cards. Better pair him with a sure tackler.

And for gods sake keep him off the boundary. That ship has sailed.

Serious question going forward for the 2020 season.

I'm guessing that it's a foregone conclusion that Reshad is outta here; therefore, is Rowe the FS or SS?

I think Xavier McKinney is that much needed FS that's been lacking since IAQ (Abdul-Quddus) and/or Brock Marion.

Though I must admit that lately BAMA drafted players on the Dolphins have not panned out for a variety of reasons which brings forth a certain concern.

I'm guessing that it's a foregone conclusion that Reshad is outta here; therefore, is Rowe the FS or SS?

I think Xavier McKinney is that much needed FS that's been lacking since IAQ (Abdul-Quddus) and/or Brock Marion.

Though I must admit that lately BAMA drafted players on the Dolphins have not panned out for a variety of reasons which brings forth a certain concern.
He lines up as a box safety but is versatile. Much like Patrick Chung’s role in NE.

McKinney is a heady assignment sound player just like Abdul quddus was for us. Similar athlete I think also. Which means maybe we can get him a smidge later.

Very similar games and frames even.

Last edited:
I think Miami would be VERY interested in McCourty. But it's most likely that he will get bidders that take him out of the range Miami would be willing to pay. Kinda like Flowers.

I don't think money will be a problem at all this year.

If we cut McCain and Jones it's a no-brainer.

We have $110 mill next year. It might add up to $130, $140 with cuts and roll over.

McCourty would take something like 2yrs $25 million. Maybe $11 mill or so due in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom