Dolphins Gm: We Hired Brian Flores As Coach Because 'this Generation Is Different' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Gm: We Hired Brian Flores As Coach Because 'this Generation Is Different'

Bunch of BS.
GM Grier hired his friend; the same old boys club just change the skin color.
Just say it
I hired my friend no different than any other team.

New age
Funny how the teams that are perpetually winning have old school coaches with old school attitudes and philosophies. Run the ball, play good defense, don't farkup and wait for your opponent to screw up.
He seemingly hired the man he trusted to lead a football team..

It’s been reported they were’nt necessarily friends but acquaintances throughout the years..

He seemingly hired the man he trusted to lead a football team..

It’s been reported they were’nt necessarily friends but acquaintances throughout the years..
Yeah, I thought that inaccurate narrative was put to rest months ago.

Not to take away from the great strides taken by African-Americans in the NFL’s power structure, but isn’t Flores family Honduran?

I like what is happening with our team. I think Flores will be a success.

Let the man coach his first game before we anoint him the next great thing,heard a lot of the same things about Adam Gase,his first year.
I'm liking what i'm hearing from our new coach,but this is a results driven league.

Let the man coach his first game before we anoint him the next great thing,heard a lot of the same things about Adam Gase,his first year.
I'm liking what i'm hearing from our new coach,but this is a results driven league.
Not anointing, just projecting a little..

Florres appears to bring more decipline to the team for now but we are in the honey moon stage with another new coach so it's easy to overlook the warts he is bringing to the table also.
Hopefully he is great, we certainly have waited long enough since Shula left town to find a worthy replacement.
Finding a coach who can relate to the players is always a great move.
Here's the things I have not been on board on so far.
First I am nevera fan of gutting a team just because we have a new coach. I believe that in most cases becomes a excuse for poor coaching. IMO. This is not the first time we have done this of course.
Second I would have kept Rizzi if at all possible and Cam Wake as a mentor. Cams presence was certainly worth a 5th round pick.
Third this years draft just still feels underwhelming. I find myself more impressed with our college free agent picks than our draft picks. This bit of stacking all our draft picks in next year's draft instead of keeping some for this year's draft where we might have drafted a player in the 4th or 5th round and have time to develop their skills would have served us better. The argument of needing all those picks to move up for a QB next year is weak as a pick in the 4 the round or later simply helps little to move higher in the 1st round.

I have faith in this coach off the field. He says all the right things and is putting an emphasis on fundamentals. He has brought in a new structure different than the last guys.

He has hired good experienced assistant coaches which is some thing the last guys did not do.

He revolutionized the QB room in his first month. He has trimmed the fat of this team and is looking to build in the draft in a smart conservative manner.

He has shown he will take a flyer on a troubled player. All of these things alone do not fix the issues on this team but changing them together helps to tilt things more in our favor than what was done in the past.

To me the real test will come on the field and during the next offseasons when we see how he handles disgruntled players.
He also wants to run the football, drafting a fullback, signing Allen at tight end and bringing in several offensive lineman who can run block. Miami was so unbalanced last year and got away from the run early and often. Another poster put up a graph that highlighted the teams that had the highest running percentage. A big number of those made the playoffs, including the super bowl entrants the Rams and the Patriots.

Some good previous posts. I'm glad as hell my daughter, who just graduated HS, is seeing firsthand what kids are like. She's now coaching gymnastics this summer at the Club where she trained growing up. Parents are ruthless.....way worse than we were then.

Every Generation is Different..!!
A good Coach Teaches as well as learns as he goes. My Hope is that this guy can do Both well. He needs to learn what guy's do what well and teach them to do it better.. Put them in position to excel at what they do best..

You know..Like NOT Putting Cam Wake in Coverage on a Play..

Well we will see how this wk out. It looks good now but we will see in 3 yr where ships is heading. At leased they know they need qb. That one of main positions in NFL now. If they get that right everything else will fall in place.

"this generation is different"

I've been coaching high school lacrosse for 20 years. I can definitively say that there has been a major generational shift in the attitudes of athletes.

There are fewer kids who will run through a brick wall in terms of shear effort now. 10 years ago, those kids were the ones that filled our rosters, beyond the superstars. Now, I'm lucky to get 3 on a roster of 25. There are far more kids who compete, but don't really care if they lose now too.

They also can't pay attention to as long of a practice. 90 minutes isn't enough to do everything we need, but after 90 minutes you can see the effort level drop dramatically. Neither positive nor negative reinforcement does anything.

Kids will openly b*tch about conditioning and fundamental drills too.

As someone who has been a competitor my entire life, I find it infuriating.

Amen

Back
Top Bottom