Dolphins gonna beat Washington | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins gonna beat Washington

I'm not a betting man, but I'm pretty sure that's only the money the house will pay if the Redskins beat the spread. From what I saw the Redskins are 3.5 favorites, which is not a lot, although the -200 tells you most people are taking them to beat the spread and that's why the house is lowering the number (correct me if I'm wrong)

-200 is the Moneyline. You are picking who wins the game straight up. No Spread. -200 means you have to risk $100 to win $50. The spread of -3.5 is a completely different bet. The "juice" on the spread is -110 (Majority of the time). Risk $110 to win $100.

I will gladly state this way before hand, if Miami wins a game this season, it'll be by pure blind luck(bad luck). They are by far the worst built football team in the league for 2019. The defense has 1 decent cover guy on the whole roster and no pass rush. On offense, they have the worst OL and unreliable WRs + questionnable QBs...

Its all good as they have done this on purpose, which is why I feel perfectly fine rooting for them to lose. Its what they are trying to do.

I will gladly state this way before hand, if Miami wins a game this season, it'll be by pure blind luck(bad luck). They are by far the worst built football team in the league for 2019. The defense has 1 decent cover guy on the whole roster and no pass rush. On offense, they have the worst OL and unreliable WRs + questionnable QBs...

Its all good as they have done this on purpose, which is why I feel perfectly fine rooting for them to lose. Its what they are trying to do.

Thats why I have no problem going 0-16. Its not like they are trying to win here.

Miami has scouted Herbert numerous times since 2018. Whether that's a smoke screen or not, no one knows? But he appears to be highly thought of in Miami's F/O. Fromm IMHO is the better fit, in terms of what he does pre snap and post snap progression. He's not prototypical in terms of size, but he's super smart behind center. If Miami puts a really good offensive line in front of Fromm, they could win a lot of games. As for Herbert, I read something very interesting over the weekend about his frustration with Oregon's play calling. They've restricted his throwing to screens, bubble screens and flats, which is hampering the offense overall. Oregon hasn't allowed him to unleash his arm very often and he's become unhappy. It begs to question, Are the pro evaluators thinking he's got more to him, based on the restrictions? Does he have more upside than previously thought? There could be a silver lining in the way Oregon is using Herbert. Meaning he could turn out to be a HUGE Steal, when a pro team let's him play Unrestricted?
It ain’t a steal - we have to use our first OA here on a QB - not a steal - this is a high price if he doesn’t work out -Dolphins will draft in the top 3

I expect more points from Rosen but we lose because our D can’t hang for four Quarters with any Offense in this league

GOOOOOOOOOO REDSKINS.

If we win this game im gonna be mad as hell.....And as much as i hate the jets we better not beat them once this year....Because i believe these are the 3 only winnable games we have left.

0-16 Tank for Tua in effect.....The second coming of lamar jackson....Will be even better than lamar. With a good Oline that is.

They did ??? 40 points allowed per game over 450 yards per game allowed??? They looked decent for a half then Flores’s scheme gets exposed and torched after the other team adjusts and Flores doesn’t (can’t???). That said I still think we beat the Redskins, score our points in the 1st half, hang on for dear life in the second.

They have been getting better each week, and actually did a good job for a half against the Cowboys and the Chargers.

Miami's problem is their lack of talent is seemingly catching up to them in the 2nd half, but there should be no reason Miami should be out playing probable Cowboys team for a half...That was pretty impressive.

My excuses? Being "a idiot?" Irony incarnate? Observing posts by particular posters, you included, leads me to believe that if they instill a world class OL, they've failed, if they leave Rosen as the sole QB. If they draft Tua, they're geniuses. However, if they draft Tua, and he isn't Marino reincarnate, then it's their failure to give him the protection or surrounding talent necessary to allow him to excel. What if they ignore the QB class entirely and just draft OL? Oh, I know. If the QB doesn't excel, it's not the QB; it's the OL assembled.

You people are ridiculous. You care more about being right than being an actual fan.
He didn’t bring up Marino you did -

Rosen VS Tua / Fromm / Hebert

Keep it on track

They have been getting better each week, and actually did a good job for a half against the Cowboys and the Chargers.
In those 2 halves Fins have allowed 2FG 3TDs, 3 stops and an average of 7.3 plays per drive(even for that so called good stretch, that woud put them last in the league)...

In those 2 halves Fins have allowed 2FG 3TDs, 3 stops and an average of 7.3 plays per drive(even for that so called good stretch, that woud put them last in the league)...

They kept the Cowboy to 10 for the half, I will agree that they were not as good against the Chargers as they were against the Cowboys, but still looked better then expected for almost a quarter and a half.

You can't tell me that you expected the way Miami played on Defense in the 1st half of those final two games.

Miami in my opinion played much better in those halfs on defense then anyone expected. They're actually pkaying above the talent level.

I am not saying Miami will beat the Redskins, just that they have a good chance to.

GOOOOOOOOOO REDSKINS.

If we win this game im gonna be mad as hell.....And as much as i hate the jets we better not beat them once this year....Because i believe these are the 3 only winnable games we have left.

0-16 Tank for Tua in effect.....The second coming of lamar jackson....Will be even better than lamar. With a good Oline that is.

The second coming of Lamar Jackson?

God I hope not, I'd prefer my QB to put up more than 3 completions for 25 yards with 13 minutes remaining in his first playoff game...

Last edited:
The second coming of Lamar Jackson?

God I hope not, I'd prefer my QB to put up more than 3 completions for 25 yards with 13 minutes remaining in his first playoff game...

Lamar Jackson went 11 of 19-169 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs-122.5 QB rating in the 4th QTR of his 1st playoff game as a rookie.
Peyton Manning went 4 of 15-42 YDs 0 TD and 0 INTs-39.6 QB rating in the 4th QTR of his 1st playoff game as a sophomore.

But yeah let's not let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Lamar Jackson went 11 of 19-169 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs-122.5 QB rating in the 4th QTR of his 1st playoff game as a rookie.
Peyton Manning went 4 of 15-42 YDs 0 TD and 0 INTs-39.6 QB rating in the 4th QTR of his 1st playoff game as a sophomore.

But yeah let's not let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

Dude, when you complete 3 passes in the first 47 minutes of a football game in the playoffs for 25 yards, it's kinda hard to win that game (and when the defense plays prevent it changes everything statistically).

Lamar has impressed me this year with his improvement in the passing game and his lightning quick release, and last year he did great to turn that team around.

But he's still got a long way to go as evident by his 3 picks last week, and he was exposed by SD in the playoffs.

Peyton was slightly overrated imo, great regular season QB, but not like Brady in the playoffs because he was never as great of a QB and I've ALWAYS felt that way.

The reason we want a chance at Tua is he, prospectively, gives you the best chance at sustained success.

When you cite teams like the Colts, or Cowboys as TEAMS instead of a singular star at qb you do not account for the constant change at the ancillary parts on the TEAM. You can't pay them all. But if you have that elite qb you're margin for error is at a higher clip than if you have a decent qb under center. Colts will fall apart when a lot of that talent has to get paid, same with Dallas even though I think they're severely overrated.

49ers are a bad example because that was the same team they had last year when they were the 2nd worst team in the NFL, add a qb that leads and boom 5-0. That's how important a good qb is.

The reason we want a chance at Tua is he, prospectively, gives you the best chance at sustained success.

When you cite teams like the Colts, or Cowboys as TEAMS instead of a singular star at qb you do not account for the constant change at the ancillary parts on the TEAM. You can't pay them all. But if you have that elite qb you're margin for error is at a higher clip than if you have a decent qb under center. Colts will fall apart when a lot of that talent has to get paid, same with Dallas even though I think they're severely overrated.

49ers are a bad example because that was the same team they had last year when they were the 2nd worst team in the NFL, add a qb that leads and boom 5-0. That's how important a good qb is.
I agree that QB is the most important position, but you can't possibly pin the 49ers improvement on Garappolo. The 49ers have improved on all phases, but the passing game is the area that has improved the least. San Francisco is actually a pretty good example of how TEAM trumps hot QB.

I agree that QB is the most important position, but you can't possibly pin the 49ers improvement on Garappolo. The 49ers have improved on all phases, but the passing game is the area that has improved the least. San Francisco is actually a pretty good example of how TEAM trumps hot QB.

For a quarter of ONE season. The right QB gives you a 10 year window. Possibly more. That's what we should be shooting for since we are this close to the first overall pick. Not band aids to help a subpar QB.

Back
Top Bottom