Dolphins, Griese Remain at Impasse/ PFT on Griese | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins, Griese Remain at Impasse/ PFT on Griese

MsAmanda

Practice Squad
Reaction score
PFT on Griese

FINS LOOKING ELSEWHERE?

As contract discussions with quarterback Brian Griese turn nasty, don't be surprised to see the Dolphins look elsewhere for a No. 2 guy.

At the top of a very short list of quarterback prospects is former Bengal Akili Smith, who is drawing interest from the Packers and the Saints. We're hearing that the Dolphins also might jump into the pursuit for the 1999 top-five bust.

In the end, we still expect Griese to land in Miami. His agent, Ralph Cindrich, is having trouble getting more money out of the Fins because everyone knows that Griese wants to be in Miami, and that Griese has no other options south of Toronto.

Sure, other teams might be interested in taking a flyer on Griese, but no one is going to give him the deal that Miami is offering: An incentive-laden package with a high second-year salary, which virtually ensures that Griese will get a chance to hit the market in 2004 -- before June 1, when most of the spots already are filled.

Griese also could opt to wait for the virtually inevitable snap, crackle, and/or pop of an ACL during training camp, which could create for Brian an opportunity that, as of now, doesn't exist.

We still think that Griese eventually will tell Cindrich to get the deal done in Miami. Ralph already made a nice fee off of Brian when he signed a big-money deal in Denver, so at some point the agent should just let the client decide where he wants to play, and to determine what he's willing to get paid.

As more facts on what Griese's agent wants.... 5 million! I really have to retract everything I was saying last night. I really started to back Griese's agent on the incentives idea. I was thinking hey, if he does come in, play most of the snaps and take us to the Super bowl surely that would be worth say another million dollars in incentives. I still believe that but 3.5 million??? :eek:

This guy is being a schmuck. If Griese in fact wants to play here like many insiders say he does, it's time he intercedes in this process. He needs to call his agent and say enough is enough. If not he may very well find himself in Arizona trying to resurrect his career. What a bad move that would be for a guy who needs a turn in the right direction. Time for Griese to crack the whip on this dipstick agent of his.

Dolphins, Griese Remain at Impasse

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/nfl/philadelphia_eagles/6014629.htm

Dolphins, Griese Remain at Impasse
Associated Press

DAVIE, Fla. - Quarterback Brian Griese and the Miami Dolphins remained at an impasse in contract negotiations Thursday, as the team's three-day quarterback school ended without an appearance from the free agent cut this week by Denver.

Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said Thursday there was nothing new to report on the negotiations.

"I'm optimistic," Wannstedt said. "We've just got to work through a couple of these issues and I believe we will."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry man but I had to edit it because you can't post full articles on the boards. Part of the TOS

Back
Top Bottom