Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why

The offseason breeds way too many outhouse GM's. I love it when we get these 'newcomers' who come in knowing just how to fix everthing, and mostly just disagree with the orginazation and most of the board members just to get their post count up, apparently. Arguing after the fact is moot....

It is a message board. It is used for conversation and debate. There is a thing called Covid - 19. I am sure that is driving up the foot traffic not to mention the draft just ended. So only “newcomers” disagree with this organization? Right.

It is a message board. It is used for conversation and debate. There is a thing called Covid - 19. I am sure that is driving up the foot traffic not to mention the draft just ended. So only “newcomers” disagree with this organization? Right.
Ahhh you noticed. No, but you seem most disagreeable... with most everybody. You seem to enjoy it too.

I like you so maybe I am not explaining myself right. I would NEVER want Miami to draft a Barkley that high. I wanted the best RB in this draft at the END of the 1st. At that point we have two more prospects already in tow.
That was nice value and apparently the SB Champs thought so. I liked Swift and Taylor.
Truth be told if Tua is as good as we think he can be we won’t need a premier back. I mean NE never has a great back, KC didn’t but just upgraded. But hopefully we get some nice skill people to help our stud QB next year.

Tua
Jackson
Swift
Winfield
Hunt
That would have been the start of the draft for me.
I'm not explaining right either....I didn't mean to imply you thought drafting Barkley high was the right call, i'm saying having a RB of Barkley's caliber with their shiny new QB, did the Giants nothing except eat a year of Barkley's limited mileage (limited because he's a RB not because he's injury prone or anything like that), and Dobbins is not a Barkley.

Also, for me personally, I'd rather take savvy FA RBs instead of investing high draft resources in one. They just don't last long enough for the investment, IMO. Like I'd rather have Breia and Iggy, than just Swift. Because the other thing, is that all defenses work like a clock and specific certain players at specific certain positions are gears that make the clock work. I think Iggy is one of those gears.

Obviously you can go to scouting sites, gurus, etc... and come up with consensus or you can follow our FO and do the opposite. In all seriousness people study this ALL year long. Hell Ted Slimm is putting up 2021 prospects NOW.

Consensus from nerds on the internet like the PFF guys? I can tell you with 100% certainty that from about the 15th player down to the 500th player, teams vary widely. They have access to things these internet guys couldn't even dream of having.

Example: Do you remember when the Cowboys drafted Travis Frederick at pick 31? The pick was widely considered a one to two round reach. I'll let you fill in the blank to how the rest of that turned out.

You can whine all you want about the Dolphins not picking players based on what you've read (and apparently not even seen yourself?). The point remains that you have no basis to argue they didn't go BPA because you have zero clue what their board actually looked like.

If we draft CEH at #30 and wait till #56 to draft a CB (like Fulton from LSU) out draft becomes an A+.

Use Pick #70 for DT (Maybe Davis still there or someone else)

Use Pick 153 on Safety whoever it is. No need to trade for Brieda for 1 year contract.

Draft would be an A+. One of these quality RBs was worth drafting instead of Brandon Jones or R. Davis.

I love this draft. The one thing I wish they would have done is take Josh Jones instead of Brandon Jones. 4 OL picks would have greatly increased our chances of landing at least two studs. And is the best way to ensure the investment in Tuanigamanuolepola works out.

Since when did I say he was Gurley or Zeke? Never advocated for him other than he was great value dropping like he did. We disagree about how good he is, he was the strongest of the top tier prospects, has break away speed and other qualities that NO RB on our roster has.

Actually for draft value he doesn’t need to be Elliott he just needs to be better than Matt Brieda. You know the consolation prize. Dude your like the boxer that thinks he is winning a fight but has been beat to a pulp and wants more. Tell your corner to throw in the towel.
He certainly has breakaway speed and power, but his vision isn't great and he's not the most twitchy, mobile guy. He'll be okay when you give him obvious holes, but he isn't going to make something out of nothing like the top tier guys can do. I'm not crying myself to sleep because I missed out on the Tannehill version of RBs.

Also, there's nothing more cringy than trying to be a hype man on your own posts.

Every team misses on guys they thought or were hoping would be available. Trading to get in the right spot is great when it works out, but teams often give up too much or make unnecessary moves. Ultimately the picks work out or they don't...no one is going to care that Jackson or Igbi could have been had later if they play well, and no one is going to care that we got a projected second rounder in the fifth if they don't crack the starting lineup.

Back
Top Bottom