Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins had some ‘table slams’ during draft. We’ve got educated guesses of when, why

Conversely how do you know Kinlaw is gone? If everyone keeps telling me that I don't know what Miami wants how in the Hell do you know what another team wants?

Dobbins was rated way higher than 56, at some point 56 and a ham sandwich could have gotten a deal done.

Ruiz? I can't argue that different set of circumstances than the RB situation.

Do you or any other poster know what revisionist history is? I don't think so. When we were in the moment a **** ton of people were wanting the very moves that are being discussed but Grier literally sat there with his finger up his *** not being proactive. I guess "thinking" things should fall his way.

Now again I can't read minds but guys like Wirfs, Ruiz, Dobbins are viewed as difference makers, plug and play possible All Pro potential but we are content to go with potential. Jackson over Wirfs, Hunt over Ruiz and Brieda over Dobbins. What it shapes up as with the leftovers I guess. Brieda was a consolation for whiffing on Dobbins, I have seen Brieda and I would take my chances with Dobbins.

I don't see a right or wrong if different approaches work out but I sure as Hell like what I am talking about better.
Dobbins has All-Pro potential?

Come on...

The first slam had to be when they couldn't trade up for Wirfs. That would have been huge. Followed by Ceedee Lamb, Ruiz, Dobbins, and I think the S that went right before we took Jones. Seemed like we just missed on quite a few guys this draft unfortunately.

The funny thing is we see this and we assume Grier does to. But seeing that he never goes big tells me he wants to just sit back and play the board but he never drafts for value so unless someone literally falls in his lap that option is not viable either.

Not ours but we have never had a chance to use the approach or we don't. Of course the excuse is that "we have too many holes", rinse repeat.
Our problem has been coaching. All we've done is piecemeal a previous roster with a handful of guys specific for whatever new scheme we brought in with whatever new staff came in. No one had the nuts to, tear the team down and rebuild it properly.

If you can't see this offseason (including the draft and the strategy used) has been different than any in the past 40+ years, it is because you don't want to see it.

Dobbins has All-Pro potential?

Come on...

How in the Hell do you know? But anyone other than Tua does for us? Dobbins rushed for 2000 yds in the B10, was highly rated coming out of HS, he very much fits the profile and depending on how much juice Ingram haves left will prove it.
But hey we already know Brieda is a JAG and that is our consolation prize! You guys need to quit while your behind.

Our problem has been coaching. All we've done is piecemeal a previous roster with a handful of guys specific for whatever new scheme we brought in with whatever new staff came in. No one had the nuts to, tear the team down and rebuild it properly.

If you can't see this offseason (including the draft and the strategy used) has been different than any in the past 40+ years, it is because you don't want to see it.

Listen I respect your opinion and I agree. What is getting lost is my disdain for Grier and his drafting style. Brother you are spot on and I am in agreement with all other points.
I loved the tear down, I like Flores, I think Ross is a good owner, FA was not bad just not a fan of parts of our draft. After Tua it just went down the tubes for me. But still in a positive place and hope the new coaches meld together.

Last edited:
Listen I respect your opinion and I agree. What is getting lost is my disdain for Grier and his drafting style. Brother you are spot on and I am in agreement with all other points.
What a load of crap. Your agree with him but hate Grier. So it's a good draft for needs but Grier ran it so it sucked.

Grier drafts for his coaches or superiors (Tbaum). He's actually drafted numerous excellent players they just aren't on the team anymore.....because we have to keep going back to the drawing board when every new coach cleans house.

Think of it like this......Flo got scrubs and street FAs to buy in and win 5 games (including destroying NE's season and Brady's last year with Pats)....imagine if the overall talent level was higher and the players still bought in....

We are not in the era where a great running back makes a team great. The difference between 2019 Dolphins and 2019 Ravens (besides QB) is the bulk of the roster talent not the (non-QB) super stars. You have to build the bulk of roster to really compete AND THEN add excellent high end skill players.

What a load of crap. Your agree with him but hate Grier. So it's a good draft for needs but Grier ran it so it sucked.

So let me get this straight. Just because I loathe Griers drafting style I hate EVERYTHING else? Damn dude get a grip. You guys are losing ground because you can't separate the narrative. I have never come on here before ripping on Grier for any moves prior to this draft. My freaking name is from Fitzpatrick,Minkah not our QB. I loved it when we got him, hated they couldn't get him to stay but it is what it is.

So if your going to get butt hurt over something it is that I think we should have and most certainly done more with this war chest we had. A better "drafting" GM would have. That is it, OK?

Grier drafts for his coaches or superiors (Tbaum). He's actually drafted numerous excellent players they just aren't on the team anymore.....because we have to keep going back to the drawing board when every new coach cleans house.

Think of it like this......Flo got scrubs and street FAs to buy in and win 5 games (including destroying NE's season and Brady's last year with Pats)....imagine if the overall talent level was higher and the players still bought in....

We are not in the era where a great running back makes a team great. The difference between 2019 Dolphins and 2019 Ravens (besides QB) is the bulk of the roster talent not the (non-QB) super stars. You have to build the bulk of roster to really compete AND THEN add excellent high end skill players.

Again I don't disagree with a lot of your points. The RB is one example. As for many "excellent" players I will respectfully disagree. Other than Fitzpatrick and Tunsil that literally fell in his lap I would be hard pressed to name many others. We have never drafted OL well, skill players, I mean Parker and Landry but never a decent RB. It is what it is.
We got Tua and I do see better days ahead I just know we a better GM provides us with even more talent. But great posts from you. At least you bring thought provoking stuff to the table instead of one liners trying to demean others opinions.

How in the Hell do you know? But anyone other than Tua does for us? Dobbins rushed for 2000 yds in the B10, was highly rated coming out of HS, he very much fits the profile and depending on how much juice Ingram haves left will prove it.
But hey we already know Brieda is a JAG and that is our consolation prize! You guys need to quit while your behind.
Sounds like he should have gone top 10 and been the first RB off the board then.

Guess everybody doesn't share your scouting opinion.

Again I don't disagree with a lot of your points. The RB is one example. As for many "excellent" players I will respectfully disagree. Other than Fitzpatrick and Tunsil that literally fell in his lap I would be hard pressed to name many others. We have never drafted OL well, skill players, I mean Parker and Landry but never a decent RB. It is what it is.
We got Tua and I do see better days ahead I just know we a better GM provides us with even more talent. But great posts from you. At least you bring thought provoking stuff to the table instead of one liners trying to demean others opinions.
We just went Miller, Ajayi, Drake. That's pretty solid run actually. The line drafting hasn't been as bad as advertised either....we just haven't had the coaching talent or longevity to develop guys, but a few of been shipped off and been just fine once gone.

Again, i think Grier has had to serve too many masters in the past. He now finally seems to be answering to himself and the coach he actually picked. Most fo the guys we grabbed have talent for days...

Sounds like he should have gone top 10 and been the first RB off the board then.

Guess everybody doesn't share your scouting opinion.

Now your just embarrassing yourself. Might want to sit this out for awhile and regroup. I would have taken Swift at 30 but AFTER our other two 1st round picks. But hey the SB Champs took a RB in the 1st so their scouts must suck.

What a weird take, Hell I don't even know what your post means, so Dobbins being a steal falling down the board equates to great value. That is all I know, the rest? Did you take a halluciniginc?

Back
Top Bottom