Dolphins Have Interest In Malcolm Brown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Interest In Malcolm Brown

If you can't beat em, join em!

For me it's more than that. It's also bringing in the types of guys that have been in that system and know it can win championship. The biggest thing this coaching staff needs to do is instill buy in with this team. The more of the right kind of people they can have,especially, in the the locker room to resonate that message, the better!

id like this one. id really like him and flrs together but I doubt we dish out big $$ to flowers who will probably get 15 mil +

Per ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26223048/last-minute-2019-nfl-free-agency-nuggets-catch-watch-for

No way in hell are we paying $18 a year, guy isnt even a premier pass rusher.

Multiple sources expect former Patriots defensive end Trey Flowers to get a monster deal (maybe in excess of $18 million per year) on the open market after many of the top free-agent pass-rushers got franchised. Two of Flowers' former New England defensive coordinators are now head coaches: Brian Flores in Miami and Matt Patricia in Detroit. Watch Flowers for the Lions, who are expected to be among the most aggressive players on this market.

Per ESPN: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26223048/last-minute-2019-nfl-free-agency-nuggets-catch-watch-for

No way in hell are we paying $18 a year, guy isnt even a premier pass rusher.

Multiple sources expect former Patriots defensive end Trey Flowers to get a monster deal (maybe in excess of $18 million per year) on the open market after many of the top free-agent pass-rushers got franchised. Two of Flowers' former New England defensive coordinators are now head coaches: Brian Flores in Miami and Matt Patricia in Detroit. Watch Flowers for the Lions, who are expected to be among the most aggressive players on this market.

You can be an elite DE for this system and not be a star pass rusher.

He's an elite player.

Not sure Malcolm Brown will even make a 53 this year. PFF ranked him 82nd this last year.

Shelton and Guy were both highly ranked. One of those two would be interesting, but Brown might be worse than Akeem Spence.

DI should be a high priority in this year's draft, perhaps even the 1st round.

I have been looking at some of the prospects not expected to be drafted this year and imo I think the Dolphins should avoid any Interior defensive players in free agency other than Henry Anderson.

Still hoping for Dexter Lawrence or Wilkins in the 1st round. Wilkins isn't the great football player some think he is but if they truly want to change the culture, Wilkins is widely believed to be one the highest character, born leader, super intelligent, superior humans to ever hit a NFL draft.

Even the 7th round is probably going to have solid rotational prospects.

Signing Brown would be another grievously stupid move by Grier, but I expect those to continue until even the clown of the NFL,Stephen Ross, can't take it.

Not sure Malcolm Brown will even make a 53 this year. PFF ranked him 82nd this last year.

Shelton and Guy were both highly ranked. One of those two would be interesting, but Brown might be worse than Akeem Spence.

I have been looking at some of the prospects not expected to be drafted this year and imo I think the Dolphins should avoid any Interior defensive players in free agency other than Henry Anderson.

Still hoping for Dexter Lawrence or Wilkins in the 1st round. Wilkins isn't the great football player some think he is but if they truly want to change the culture, Wilkins is widely believed to be one the highest character, born leader, super intelligent, superior humans to ever hit a NFL draft.

Signing Brown would be another grievously stupid move by Grier, but I expect those to continue until even the clown of the NFL,Stephen Ross, can't take it.

PFF...

Is that all you use as a reference?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2019-free-agency-profile-malcom-brown

Here's your bible saying he's a worthy signing as a run stopping DL..

This would be a solid addition. When the patriots drafted him out of Texas I was somewhat jealous. Could be a huge help in fortifying our depth along the dline. Instant starter for affordable cost. Affordable is all about your perspective of our cap situation. Still a lot of fat to trim before the new league year .

I'd be very happy with Wilkins depending on who else is on the board of course. Great leader too and he was used on offense too a few times and scored 4 TD's by running and catching the football. Would make a great FB in short yards situations and near the goal line.

It's not enough to just lose to them in the standings each year, but let's also now give them future comp picks by going after their guys, too.

Brown would plug a hole and perhaps set us up with Cheaux and Taylor on the DL until we get the LB's we need for the system.

So we shouldn't target guys just because they have Patriots ties? Lol, that's ridiculous. He's young (25), extremely talented, knows the system, fills a huge need, and wouldn't be too costly.

I don't think Ed Oliver is going to be there at 13, and although I like Wilkins & Lawrence I'm almost certain there will be a better defensive player on the board. Signing Brown and landing someone like Ferrell or Sweat in the first would help rebuild the DL tremendously.

Back
Top Bottom