Dolphins have more time to make decisions on three key veterans. Where things stand. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have more time to make decisions on three key veterans. Where things stand.

Having both Wilson and Grant gives us 2 guys with game changing speed. The best thing Gase did was design a great package for Wilson and Grant. I despise Gase so for me to admit anything good about him is hard to do but some of those plays were awesome. I like our WR room very much. Parker came on like gang busters, Williams seems to be a lucky find, Ford was very good filling in late in the season and Wilson and Grant are speedsters and as stated earlier, Gisecki is basically another receiver, that's a lot of talent imo.

Both Wilson and Grant looked to be regaining that explosive form late in the season. Unfortunately for Grant he got injured again. But I agree, I think it's more likely Wilson is restructured in order to keep him in Miami. His play late in the season was fun to watch. Wilson has great stop/start and juke and jive in his game. Lots of missed tackles, trying to tackle him. As for Jones, I think it's a forgone conclusion, he's gone. Miami can't afford that salary vs lack of production, or Injury. Time to move on. McCain apparently may be moving back to slot? But Miami may have uncovered several roster worthy replacements over the course of the 2019 season. McCain may not be back, if the coaching staff thinks they have a cheaper, on par player?

Personally, I guess we could keep Kilgore for depth purposes, he’s not very expensive but I dont want to count on him either. Draft a rookie most likely, while the new dude learns the ropes - Kilgore can start until he gets hurt.

Reshad as long been one of my favorites, but he just isn’t what he used to be. Bum shoulders, questionable effort, etc.. I would cut him, Look to upgrade at both safety spots soon. Rowe has been a solid TE eliminator. But McCain was bad. I’d like to replace him too, but if he is back at nickel cb it’s not AS bad. I’d draft some dudes to develop at all DB spots. I’d love to bring in Justin Simmons to shore up the FS spot and he could move all around too.. just need another young safety

Wilson.... keep for now. Ideal to restructure but whatever. I do think he was starting to get some quick back later in the season and I like a speedy shift wr to compliment our other big dudes. Grant offers similar ability but nowhere near as good of a receiver despite his speed. Another injury to grant too.... I hope we bring in some new speed demon wr’s to try to groom one up (and as a returner too)

Minkah was the option at S but we’ve beat that into oblivion. I want Jones back. Especially if he restructures. Only 31. He is an impact player. Colonel Kilgore - meh. Wilson? He got better as the year went on - perhaps he gets to 100% by week 1.
I was being sarcastic about not having a better option at safety. It is not like we invested a first round pick in a safety from the 2018 draft.

Personally, I guess we could keep Kilgore for depth purposes, he’s not very expensive but I dont want to count on him either. Draft a rookie most likely, while the new dude learns the ropes - Kilgore can start until he gets hurt.

Reshad as long been one of my favorites, but he just isn’t what he used to be. Bum shoulders, questionable effort, etc.. I would cut him, Look to upgrade at both safety spots soon. Rowe has been a solid TE eliminator. But McCain was bad. I’d like to replace him too, but if he is back at nickel cb it’s not AS bad. I’d draft some dudes to develop at all DB spots. I’d love to bring in Justin Simmons to shore up the FS spot and he could move all around too.. just need another young safety

Wilson.... keep for now. Ideal to restructure but whatever. I do think he was starting to get some quick back later in the season and I like a speedy shift wr to compliment our other big dudes. Grant offers similar ability but nowhere near as good of a receiver despite his speed. Another injury to grant too.... I hope we bring in some new speed demon wr’s to try to groom one up (and as a returner too)
When Jones is healthy he can still lay the wood. He’s still disruptive at the LOS. Since there is no rush, see if he can still play.

When Jones is healthy he can still lay the wood. He’s still disruptive at the LOS. Since there is no rush, see if he can still play.
Well I when was the last time he was fully healthy? Lately it seems like when he’s on the field he’s just disinterested, not giving it his all, or he’s lost a step or two. I dont think he’s still the wood laying player we were used to.... maybe 2020 is a resurgence year but i doubt it. Similar situation as Kilgore i suppose we have no rush to cut him. Let him, Rowe, and a rookie compete for the starting spot

Being at the home games live, you could literally see the difference in Wilsons game speed from the start of the season to the end. I think he looked just about all the way back against Cinci.

That one play in particular where he just outran several defenders was right in front of our seats.

To me Grant is so replaceable, not really good wr and very questionable judgments on ST. I definitely think we don’t need both players.

Do you think the defense missed the play of Jones? I really don’t- if we would have had any semblance of a pass rush...

I'd keep Wilson at a lower salary, but ditch Kilgore and Jones.
If you are cutting Kilgore, you will almost have to get a FA center. Even if you draft one, you need veteran insurance. What sense does that make?

I realize he's not a pro bowl caliber player, but he is actually pretty cheap, even as depth.

But yeah, lets cut the guy that, by most metrics, was our best and most consistent O-lineman. It's not a cap issue, so I really don't get the rationale.

I really think a Wilson re structure is likely, with some combination of incentives to be fair. I hope he is here. (Especially of those three).

Kilgore may be kept only at of necessity if we can’t find an upgrade this year and they like his Locker room presence , but can’t see him here beyond 2020. Bohem seemed ok initially but I don’t think he graded out well after and was essentially benched.

I think Jones will be gone.
some good points there. They do like Kilgore as a veteran in the locker room. Wilson started playing better towards the end of the season as he was getting healthier.

Jones should have never gotten that dumb extension and he should be let go.

Back
Top Bottom