Dolphins Have Second Set of Joint Practices | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have Second Set of Joint Practices

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins have their second set of joint practices firmed up for 2023 and, as expected, those will come against the Houston Texans.

The Dolphins and Texans will practice with/against each other on Wednesday, Aug. 16 and Thursday, Aug. 17, ahead of the teams' Aug. 19 preseason game at NRG Stadium, according to FOX reporter Mark Berman.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-have-second-set-of-joint-practices

Why is that?

I think they can be beneficial.
I saw the thread title and came on just to try and understand what is the benefit.
My guess:
1. It breaks some of the boredom of always playing against the same guys.
2. It is an early gage of where you stand in ability.

Are there other pluses.

I saw the thread title and came on just to try and understand what is the benefit.
My guess:
1. It breaks some of the boredom of always playing against the same guys.
2. It is an early gage of where you stand in ability.

Are there other pluses.
I think when you practice against the same guys (teammates) day after day, not only do you learn their tendencies but, in some respects, also become complacent.

Practicing/scrimmaging against unfamiliar opponents more closely duplicates actual game conditions.

I also think it gives the coaches an opportunity to better gauge what works well, and what needs more emphasis.

The staffs generally work together in these joint events to get the most out of them.

More of potential fighting and because it’s someone else you are going to push that extra bit more and increase chance of injury
IDC about a skirmish, but I agree, there is an added injury risk. Then again, injuries can, and do, happen all the time, in a variety of situations. We are playing the game, regardless of joint practices.

Personally, I think the potential upside outweighs that risk, but see the point.

More of potential fighting and because it’s someone else you are going to push that extra bit more and increase chance of injury
I love them. It switches it up at a time when the players are getting a little bored hitting their teammates each day. McD said that. I agree. Keeping practice interesting keeps you getting the most out of the practices. These guys are competitors. Getting to slam into the Hillbilly Ranch Hands will be good for them.

im on the other end of the spectrum. the change of scenery and going against a different team in practice adds focus imo

Back
Top Bottom