Dolphins have signed quarterback Jake Rudock to a futures contract. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins have signed quarterback Jake Rudock to a futures contract.

Our "staff" has been here less than a calender year.

I understand that we haven't been very successful since the turn of the century, and we very well may be disappointed again.

Our coaching choices have been poor, going back to Satan. Our organizational hierarchy has been convoluted. Both of those situations have contributed to the fact that there was, IMO, no legitimate plan beyond a 1 season, stopgap approach.

I've said before, RT was/is a competant NFL starter. Above average in some respects even, but his time here had run it's course. Bringing in a new coach, with a new philosophy, and with a ground up rebuild, it was time to part ways. It was best for both parties.

I guess you can point to things you don't like about Flores, or the specific decisions he and Grier have made, but for me, I have confidence going forward. I like the progress we made this season, and I'm not going to blame the past 20 years on this regime.

Why part ways with one year on contract. We were not going to spend money anyway and then bring in a journeyman like Fitz.
If we were doing a ground up rebuild you don't keep a guy who has been a part of our poor drafting for the past decade was my point.

Why part ways with one year on contract. We were not going to spend money anyway and then bring in a journeyman like Fitz.
If we were doing a ground up rebuild you don't keep a guy who has been a part of our poor drafting for the past decade was my point.
Money had nothing to do with it. We ate the contract.

Money had nothing to do with it. We ate the contract.

That was kind of my point. It was not cost prohibitive to keep him. We saved some money but let the new staff take a look at him since the old staff was incompetent in the first place. His elevation in play clearly shows that a competent staff could get better results from him and nobody was ever getting those same kind of results from Fitzpatrick.

Back
Top Bottom