Dolphins Head Coach Isn't Sweating Teams' Offensive Line Woes Just Yet | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Head Coach Isn't Sweating Teams' Offensive Line Woes Just Yet

Sign 1 of stupidity, doing nothing to fix the line. These guys are get coaches fired bad. good luck rolling out a line with holes at 3/5 spots. Still both guard and the RT are garbage.

How is he doing "nothing" to fix the line? Especially when you consider the changes in the line-ups and the noticeable improvement from week 1 to week 2?

Like Flores said they're getting better and that's all that matters. I'm pretty sure they're doing their due diligence and kicking the tires on any potential prospects as well. The rookies won't develop unless they play and cohesion is essential and take time. I'm putty my faith in the coaching staff, they know what we have in that unit and I'm pretty sure they know what it takes to succeed since the OC and the Head Coach just came off a super bowl winning season.

Very few teams in the NFL have a high performance OL. And virtually none have

quality depth across the board. Outside of a solo QB, OL is the hardest position

group
to solve. All things said, I think we've been relatively proactive since Flores

arrived -- attempting to solve the riddle. If there was an easy fix it would be done.

Regretfully the team had so many needs this past off-season we could only do

so much. Like it or not, as a fan, you have to give the new regime more than 6

months to solve long standing problems. I expect us to be in significantly better

OL shape this time next year. But yea, I get it. Most want immediate gratification.

I want to believe that the Dolphins will be looking closely at cuts and practice squad guys to address the lack of depth. The starting 5 looked better week 2 but beyond them its slim pickings talentwise. Gase left the OL a mess amongst other things.

Gase is gone if the oline sucks it's entirely on the GM and head coach

quality depth across the board. Outside of a solo QB, OL is the hardest position

group

arrived -- attempting to solve the riddle. If there was an easy fix it would be done.

months to solve long standing problems. I expect us to be in significantly better

OL shape this time next year. But yea, I get it. Most want immediate gratification.

It's honestly really annoying! We're talking about a team that was devoid of OL talent across the board outside of Tunsil.
Yet, Some people seem to expect miracles after 1 off-season and 2 pre-season games?

What the hell?

He better start sweating it, it’s been the demise of the three coaches.

2 preseason games in? No i think they can continue to make the steady and obvious improvements from week 1 to week 2.

I mean at this point what can he say. There isn't some OLine tree growing outside of Davie that you can just pick your choice of guys.

He is right, it was much improved from week 1 to week 2 and if we see improvement week 3 against a physical Jville front, we are on the right track.

It has to be a priority in 2020, but it would be nice to uncover a gem or 2 in the process.
As a fan we are all obviously rooting for Josh Rosen to be the answer. If he is, then the front office could spend most of their premium picks on the offensive line in the 2020 draft.

If Rosen isn't the guy, the team has to do everything in its power to get the best quarterback in the draft, whoever's that is...Tua, Herbert or Fromm probably.

That would slow down the offensive and defensive line rebuild, but long run getting that quarterback has to be the number one priority.

group

OL comes down to continuity as much as talent in most cases. And you'd be hard pressed to find an OL that's in sync right now across the board.

By the nature of the unit, they aren't designed to be really effective in the preseason. Play calling is very basic, while defensively getting the kitchen sink thrown at you.

The OL is the only reason I'd be hesitant about starting JR. I think he's more than capable and certainly a better option than Fitzpatrick.

I am not too worried yet. As a matter of fact our starting OL against Tampa was not awful. It is a work in progress. Some people expect miracles. A good functional OL needs to be in sync. As long as our starting OL continues to progress I am not concerned until the 2nd or 3rd regular season game.
That would explain why Flores probably would want to start Fitzpatrick over Rosen. Ryan is more familiar with the offense which requires quick releases in the passing game.
I stick with my initial guess that Fitzpatrick will start the first 3 or 4 regular season games and let the OL gel.

They are going to get a baptism by fire against Baltimore. It could get very ugly in the trenches week 1

Back
Top Bottom