Dolphins Head Coach Isn't Sweating Teams' Offensive Line Woes Just Yet | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Head Coach Isn't Sweating Teams' Offensive Line Woes Just Yet

And if it isn't ugly can we credit coaching?

Probably. I’m sure the coaches will devise a good game plan to get the ball out quickly. It will be exciting to see the rookies go up against a tough d line right out of the gate. It will help their development.

He isnt sweating it because he wants that first overall so he can get a QB in here. No other reason to field this oline when we got cap space to spend and let go our second best olineman in free agency and we didnt even sniff replacing him. I'm in agreement with the moves btw.

Waiver wire wise Xavier Sua'Filo may be cut from Dallas.

He's a plus run blocker who is below average pass blocking.
Struggles with footwork at times in pass blocking. Mauler in the run game though.

2nd guard taken in the 2014 draft by Houston.

Not someone that makes you giddy by any means, but at least he excels at something.

Neither am I. With the starting 5 out there we were fine. I'd like to see us bowl them over in the run game as much as the next guy but it was pointed out the run game was very vanilla. No doubles, no misdirection just one on one power. OF course the depth sucks and hopefully some serviceable guys get cut.

tenor.gif

I am glad they are at least going to let the rookies sink or swim. If either Deiter or Calhoun can become an avg starter in the future I will be happy. We should at least know if the potential is there by the end of the season, and hopefully we have 1-2 less holes to fill.

I am glad they are at least going to let the rookies sink or swim. If either Deiter or Calhoun can become an avg starter in the future I will be happy. We should at least know if the potential is there by the end of the season, and hopefully we have 1-2 less holes to fill.

32 NFL teams have average guys on the OL. No, not ALL 5 on every team, but 1-2 elite or top OLmen and 3 average guys is good OL

I'll be surprised if they're ever able to run zone plays well this year.

I won't be particularly surprised if they're able to settle in as a pass protecting unit. But they'll not be a particularly good one. And a lot of that will depend on which QB is starting the games.

2 preseason games in? No i think they can continue to make the steady and obvious improvements from week 1 to week 2.
duh, but baby steps. they need leaps and bounds. I don't think for a moment that this isn't one of his main priorities.

Deiter will be a pretty good guard with more experience. I'm not sold on Kilgore at starting center (he was mediocre with the 49ers), Calhoun has a long way to go at right guard and Jesse Davis is average at best.

Back
Top Bottom