"Dolphins Head Coaching Job is Better than the Bucs" - Charile Weiss interview | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Dolphins Head Coaching Job is Better than the Bucs" - Charile Weiss interview

fins317

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have a friend who is an avid Buc's fan and sends me articles from Joe Buck Forum. I have included the link below which their fan comments about the Fins are interesting.

"Joe would have ignored this if it didn’t come from a guy who seemingly loves Tom Brady like he’s one of his own children.
And, of course, there’s the intrigue of Brady allegedly wanting to bolt the Bucs four months ago to help run the Miami Dolphins and own a piece of the franchise.
Charlie Weis was Brady’s first offensive guru with the Patriots, and he remains a friend of Brady and affectionately calls him “Tommy” regularly while hosting on SiriusXM NFL Radio. Brady even agreed to join Weis on the air, which Brady only does when he loves the host or is trying to sell something, and Brady didn’t pitch anything during the interview. Joe knows Bucs fans like to blast Weis as incompetent, but he was anything but in the NFL. He coached quarterbacks Matt Cassell (Chiefs) and Vinny Testaverde (Jets) to Pro Bowl seasons, in addition to young Brady.

Yesterday Weis was asked which first-year NFL head coach has the job Weis would choose if given the opportunity. Joe nearly knocked over a tray of Hooters wings when Weis said he’d take the Dolphins gig over the Bucs’. “I would take the Dolphins. Their defense was pretty solid last year. You know, I like their running back committee that they have right now. I’m confident that Tua can run this ship. I think that they’re dynamic at the wide receiver position, and a lot of little passes can go a long way.”

Weis acknowledged the Dolphins have a tough road in the AFC East and in their conference, but he remained confident that Miami is a better long term job than Tampa or anywhere else.

Joe thinks/hopes Weis has lost his mind."

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2022/06/...lphins-head-coaching-job-is-better-than-bucs/

- Enjoy

The Bucs are a terrible long term job. Once Brady retires they are back to obscurity and irrelevance.
Miami has been irrelevant since Marino retired. The Bucs have won 2 championships since then. They have a very solid team, and it's not because of Crybrady.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Dolphins. Just keep it real.

I'm not sure about this one. This year, the Bucs are probably the better team but in the long term it's a toss up.

The Bucs may not have a QB in 23 but the Fins may still have piles of dog s*** masquerading as offensive linemen and *whispers* may also be shopping for a QB in 23. The way I see it, both teams will need to improve in 23 to be superbowl contenders that year.

As far as 22 goes I doubt either team can win the Superbowl but I think the Bucs have a better shot this year than we do honestly, our Oline simply isn't good enough to think a Superbowl is in the cards this year.

The Bucs are a terrible long term job. Once Brady retires they are back to obscurity and irrelevance.
Yes. There is a reason why the sales team for the Bucs is mandating two year packages for new season ticket buyers. They know their product is going to be tough to market with Kyle Trask instead of Brady next year.

Back
Top Bottom