Dolphins hire a high school coach, with a link to the Patriots | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hire a high school coach, with a link to the Patriots

I love the fact that FLO has recently hired a grizzled old vet coach in GAILEY & then turns right around & brings aboard a very successful High School coach. The dudes not afraid. That's one of the things I've liked about how the Cheaters have assembled their staffs. Older experienced coaches working with up & coming coaches. Best of both worlds.

Agreed. Grier and Ross are not the only ones thinking of sustaining long term success.

What in the world happened to Kris Richard? He was a big name last year and many people wanted him over Flores. I haven't even heard his name mentioned this time around and today the Giants hire NE's special teams coach.
Dallas d played well last year, this year was decent. Seemed like a good choice but I'm guessing the interviews didn't go well last year as that talk quieted down. Sometimes we hear nothing about it but these guys tend not to be very good interviews

Assistant DB's coach. Seems borderline entry level. He's an assistant, to the assistant, to the assistant to the head coach.

If your the assistant to that guy, you might as well stay in High School.
80d3d487-f2cd-44b6-a394-b401eff0bb9a_text.gif

Flores likes coaches that can teach players about the position.
Assistant DB's coach. Seems borderline entry level. He's an assistant, to the assistant, to the assistant to the head coach.

If your the assistant to that guy, you might as well stay in High School.

Maybe, but High Coaches tend to get teacher pay and a 5-10 thousand dollar supplement...He will make almost twice that as the assistant to the assistant. This will also give him a chance to build relationships with other coaches. Football is a land of nepotism, so having that opportunity is huge.

Last edited:
Hate to disappoint some of you but that is a common name in these parts and it’s pronounced coontz.

Back
Top Bottom