Dolphins hire a high school coach, with a link to the Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hire a high school coach, with a link to the Patriots

Danny68

NewEngland Fin
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Everyone has to have a start somewhere, right...

“According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are hiring Curt Kuntz as a defensive backs coach.

Kuntz has no NFL experience, and has spent the last seven years at Struthers High School in Ohio.

That might not seem like a link to an NFL future, but that school occupies a special place. It’s the alma mater of Steve Belichick, the father of Patriots coach Bill Belichick. The school recently built a new athletics facility, called the Steve Belichick Complex, and Bill Belichick turned up on the Patriots’ team website wearing Struthers gear.”

One thing is clear though, with some of these moves Flores has put himself more in the line of fire than he would have been otherwise.

If they succeed, it will be a feather in his cap, but if they flame out people will wonder why he shook things up after year one like this in the first place, especially OC.

i dont get it, our DB coach seemed to do fine this past year. The DBs looked good

i dont get it, our DB coach seemed to do fine this past year. The DBs looked good

The only reason I can think of is that he was a hold over from Gase's staff. And doubt any coach can instill an entirely new staff in one off season, could have kept him on board knowing he just needed a 2nd off season to fill out the staff with his people.

Is there perhaps a lower position on staff this Kuntz guy could fill? No NFL experience at premium staff position really has me baffled.....

Are DB coach is still here. Oden was just the safeties coach and Kuntz is coming on as an assistant to Boyer, whose the DB coach.
Good, I was hyperventilating a little bit thinking that I was remembering wrong and maybe we did actually fire our DB coach... who is a boss.

Is there perhaps a lower position on staff this Kuntz guy could fill? No NFL experience at premium staff position really has me baffled.....

Assistant DB's coach. Seems borderline entry level. He's an assistant, to the assistant, to the assistant to the head coach.

If your the assistant to that guy, you might as well stay in High School.

Assistant DB's coach. Seems borderline entry level. He's an assistant, to the assistant, to the assistant to the head coach.

If your the assistant to that guy, you might as well stay in High School.
Yeah man. I just saw DB's coach. Wasn't aware he'd be working as assistant dbs coach.

Back
Top Bottom