Dolphins hire Austin Clark Illinois DL coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hire Austin Clark Illinois DL coach

If they want a Dline coach, go get the best in the business in Larry Johnson.

He seems like he loves coaching kids and is a college lifer but maybe he’s willing to give up the recruiting life and cold weather for Florida sun.

A thing to watch that Trojanma brought up in our chat is that the Patriots like to develop their own coaches and promote from within. I would not be shocked to see Flores take that approach and add more assistants and analysts to develop

We did this last year and we drafted Wilkins. I'm hooked by this kid. He got a sack against WI on their upset of the Badgers.

Don’t care about big names, only culture fit and scheme. If Flo is being judged on and his job depends on his work product he should choose own his team. Few of us knew who Flo was when we hired him

Thats quite a large anchor to hang around the man's neck.
Based on play this year and how he became inactive later in the year, he must be out.

He is to small and does not have many pass rush moves to beat his man. I questioned the pick because he was the fifth DE and it seemed like a desperate attempt to fill the position back then. Big miss by Grier there.

Based on play this year and how he became inactive later in the year, he must be out.

He is to small and does not have many pass rush moves to beat his man. I questioned the pick because he was the fifth DE and it seemed like a desperate attempt to fill the position back then. Big miss by Grier there.
I agree. He had the one spin move in college, that is not effective at the pro level, against tackles who have been taught good technique.

IDK if Grier was responsible or not, but it was a highly questionable pick by most, both locally, and nationally.

Reactions: MD
I agree. He had the one spin move in college, that is not effective at the pro level, against tackles who have been taught good technique.

IDK if Grier was responsible or not, but it was a highly questionable pick by most, both locally, and nationally.
I assume so only because Grier had flew in secret to visit Harris. We just don't know who was running things in the office. I assume Grier was given a strict list from Mike T. Shaky draft class overall which is frustrating...

Kwon, Godchaux, Ford all could be in our future.

Tank, Asiata and taylor are non-factors/gone. Of course tank didn't recover as he tore his acl late the hear before. Seems like a guy Flores could develop

I assume so only because Grier had flew in secret to visit Harris. We just don't know who was running things in the office. I assume Grier was given a strict list from Mike T. Shaky draft class overall which is frustrating...

Kwon, Godchaux, Ford all could be in our future.

Tank, Asiata and taylor are non-factors/gone. Of course tank didn't recover as he tore his acl late the hear before. Seems like a guy Flores could develop
I think that ship has sailed.

Tank was cleared to play late this year, when we badly needed corners, and was not activated.

On the other hand, he wasn't offered an injury settlement either, that we know of anyway.

Back
Top Bottom