Dolphins hire Joe Danna as Assistant Secondary Coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hire Joe Danna as Assistant Secondary Coach

Potential relacement for Bowles? I think they know he won't be there much longer as he will get promoted sooner than later.

So thats the assistant coach who was standing beside Bowles at the awards banquet. I knew i wasnt going crazy when I saw two secondary coaches.

Great news, Todd needs all the help he can get with the youngest secondary in the league.

Potential relacement for Bowles? I think they know he won't be there much longer as he will get promoted sooner than later.
Danna I think is a little bit off from being a NFL Secondary coach. Probably a few years away from being trusted to handle an entire unit. If Bowles were to get a head coaching job next year, Danna would likely stay the assistant and a new secondary coach would be hired. Now, if this was 2-3 years down the road, then maybe Danna would be considered.

Impressive exclusive for FH.

From what I could find of him, in 2006 he was the DBs Coach of Georgia Southern, and in 2007 he moved to DBs Coach of James Madison. Then in 2008 he accepted a job as Defensive Quality Control Coach for the Atlanta Falcons. I'm guessing Miami just hired him away from the Falcons. NFL teams generally let their assistant coaches move up the ladder to other teams.

He was an assistant coach at his alma mater, Central Michigan from 2003-2005. He also a Graduate Assistant at Georgia in 2001. He played WR for CMU from 1995-1998.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone had mentioned that they heard someone get announced at the award banquet that they never heard of.

The Falcons have been atrocious in the secondary lately

That's been the worst unit on their whole team the last 2 years.

I hope it's a case where the FO perceives that he's got a lot more going for him than meets the eye. Realistically however, had he been signed as a player with those kinds of credentials, we'd all be labeling him a "training camp body."

The Falcons have been atrocious in the secondary lately

That's been the worst unit on their whole team the last 2 years.
Danna wasn't a secondary coach with the Falcons, he was the team's defensive quality control. He was with the Falcons, what David Corrao is currently with the Dolphins.

I hope it's a case where the FO perceives that he's got a lot more going for him than meets the eye. Realistically however, had he been signed as a player with those kinds of credentials, we'd all be labeling him a "training camp body."
I don't think you can always judge a coach on their past credentials like you can a player. Sparano was an offensive line coach before joining the Dolphins as head coach. Steve Bush, the current offensive quality control coach, was a HIGH SCHOOL football coach in New York before coming to the team.

Well our secondary is bad enough, lets hire this guy..

Back
Top Bottom