Dolphins hire Renaldo Hill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins hire Renaldo Hill

Underrated free safety in Miami and communicator during his time here

Last quality free safety this teams had frankly

Weren’t many blown assignments when that guy was back there getting everyone lined up

I'd say that Louis Delmas would like to have a word with you, but his time with us was so brief before the knee injuries ended his career it's a bit of a footnote. He did not have great range, but he brought a lot of other FS goodness to the team.

I'll say it again, the Dolphins are leaving no stone unturned in their desire to make this team better. I can't wait to see what decisions are made when it comes to personnel.

I'd say that Louis Delmas would like to have a word with you, but his time with us was so brief before the knee injuries ended his career it's a bit of a footnote. He did not have great range, but he brought a lot of other FS goodness to the team.

I’d say Delmas played more like a strong safety and wasn’t the same level communicator.

I wish we could get narduzzi on our team, that no fly zone d was no joke at msu

O
I'll say it again, the Dolphins are leaving no stone unturned in their desire to make this team better. I can't wait to see what decisions are made when it comes to personnel.
On paper hires looking good now time for results and production

I am a Pitt fan, and the one thing you would have to question about that team was the secondary. They didn't have a great pass rush so the DB's had to cover a little more. The main issue with the DB's for Pitt is they wouldn't turn there head and go for the ball. Many times if the DB just looked, he could have had a pick instead of giving up a huge pass. The other issue is that they would get burned a lot on deep passes. The games that the Pitt D played well had more to do with the QB missing his target instead of great D play. If you look at the Univ of Miami game, Pitt won because the Miami QB couldn't even get the ball close to the WR. The plays were there, the QB couldn't execute. Hopefully the issues that Pitt had was more to the type of D they ran than the way the DB's were coached and played.

What’s your take on Whitehead? Could he solve our FS problem?

Gase just can't help himself preferring players or coaches he has worked with already. Very weird and very restrictive.

Gase just can't help himself preferring players or coaches he has worked with already. Very weird and very restrictive.
Not saying it's good or bad, but I wouldnt call it weird, 95% of NFL coaching staffs are built that way...

Not saying it's good or bad, but I wouldnt call it weird, 95% of NFL coaching staffs are built that way...

I am not sure why this is so hard to comprehend, most people who are going to spend long hours together want to be with coaches they are familiar/comfortable with.

I will take it a step further, talk was there was lack of good communication between Gase and Christensen. If it was me I would probably want to sink or swim with people Im comfortable with as well and it works the other way around as well from the assistant coaches I would assume.

the hiring of Hill and Odom points to us going more quarter coverage. Don't know how I feel about that

the hiring of Hill and Odom points to us going more quarter coverage. Don't know how I feel about that

“I believe one defense can stop everything; I believe we could play an entire football game in our base defense, I believe that if everyone lines up exactly right, reads their keys, and does all the fundamentals involved with the defense, it is enough to win.” -Pat Narduzzi, former Michigan State DC, and new HC at Pitt, on quarters coverage.

Is that what the Lions played as well?

That doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement? And because I respect your opinion, I’m now more concerned than ever, that the defense is headed in the wrong direction on the back end. Are you concerned about “Quarters” because of Miami’s personnel or is it something else that worries you?

All coaches hire guys they've worked with before. It's not weird at all. You can argue the hires themselves, but it isn't weird. It's how **** works.

Back
Top Bottom