Dolphins Hone In On Qb Ryan Tannehill’s Decision Making After Loss To Bengals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Hone In On Qb Ryan Tannehill’s Decision Making After Loss To Bengals

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
tannehill.jpg

It wasn’t long ago that Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill was sailing along with prodigious efficiency. It’s been about two weeks since he polished off the Raiders to push his team to 3-0, but he’s been disastrous ever since.
“I have to play better,” Tannehill said after practice today. “I have to take care of the football. That’s what it comes down to is really just eliminating the turnovers. Those turnovers we had at the end of the game – that I had at the end of the game –really hurt us. If you eliminate those, we’ll be in good shape.”
Will they? The offense has managed one touchdown in each of the last two games, and the one against New England came in garbage time with Brock Osweiler at quarterback.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...ng-after-loss-bengals/Bu9MhPU8QXNm9vSEBztaNM/

“I have to play better,” Tannehill said after practice today. “I have to take care of the football. That’s what it comes down to is really just eliminating the turnovers. Those turnovers we had at the end of the game – that I had at the end of the game –really hurt us. If you eliminate those, we’ll be in good shape.”
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...ng-after-loss-bengals/Bu9MhPU8QXNm9vSEBztaNM/
That statement makes me laugh and cry at the same time. When times get tough, Ryan, you run away and hide.

All I can do is :lol: at this whole situation. I have :surr: with Tannehill. Just finish out the season, if they win they win if not I’m not holding my breath this year for anything special.

The fact that we are talking about his decision making after 7 yrs is all the evidence you need that the team needs to move on.
Unfortunately, they will never be bad enough to grab a top QB in the draft. Doubt they will be as bad as the Giants and from what I’ve read only Herbert is worth drafting in the top 10.
They have to hope they get lucky and hit on a 2nd or 3rd round pick or make a costly major effort to trade up to one of the top 3 picks.

The fact that we are talking about his decision making after 7 yrs is all the evidence you need that the team needs to move on.
Unfortunately, they will never be bad enough to grab a top QB in the draft. Doubt they will be as bad as the Giants and from what I’ve read only Herbert is worth drafting in the top 10.
They have to hope they get lucky and hit on a 2nd or 3rd round pick or make a costly major effort to trade up to one of the top 3 picks.
This upcoming draft should be more about solidifying that Oline and upgrading the defense. So when 2020 comes around when there’s better options at QB like Tagovailoa, this team will be better prepared. I definitely don’t want them picking up a QB next year just for the sake of drafting.

“We just had a couple of bad choices (recently), this last game especially... Sometimes it’s one of those deals where you’ve just gotta keep working on the same stuff.” - Gase

This is a bit disturbing, is Gase getting tired of the same old sh*t?

There really isn't any excuse for Tannehill.
He cannot be the reason why Miami loses a game. If anything will sour the relationship between Gase and Tannehill, the goofy major mistakes will definitely do it if they continue. You can hear it in Gase's voice in pressers where he says they have to go back to basic stuff practiced during OTAs when referencing what to do to fix RT's decision making.

Overblown per usual. I will worry about this if it becomes a trend. What I don’t want him doing is losing any of his aggressiveness.

That Cincinnati front is no joke like league leader in qb pressures and there’s more of them on the schedule.

Bounce a ball off a tight ends helmet on a can’t release dump due to immediate pressure is bad luck more than anything else.

Critical end result for momentum but bad luck none the less.

I better not see an offense that releases Khalil Mack to the right tackle with no help this week unless the scoreboard dictates it.

I know that much.

They will offset the run game with zone read and backfield speed threat motion pre snap to get the d to take false steps

Gase has picked up on that already. But the backs need to get north south to maximize gains. Gore has done it

It’s harder also to call holding on inside zone read

Hoping to get lucky is what has us in this mess since Marino left.

Man up, grow some balls and ante up

Back
Top Bottom