Dolphins Hone In On Qb Ryan Tannehill’s Decision Making After Loss To Bengals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Hone In On Qb Ryan Tannehill’s Decision Making After Loss To Bengals

This upcoming draft should be more about solidifying that Oline and upgrading the defense. So when 2020 comes around when there’s better options at QB like Tagovailoa, this team will be better prepared. I definitely don’t want them picking up a QB next year just for the sake of drafting.

If they do as you say, they will never be in a position to pick Tagovailoa or any highly regarded QB prospect. They will continue to pick in the middle of the 1st round and maintain the cycle of mediocrity with an occasional year where they tease us with a wildcard spot.

The fact that we are talking about his decision making after 7 yrs is all the evidence you need that the team needs to move on.
Unfortunately, they will never be bad enough to grab a top QB in the draft. Doubt they will be as bad as the Giants and from what I’ve read only Herbert is worth drafting in the top 10.
They have to hope they get lucky and hit on a 2nd or 3rd round pick or make a costly major effort to trade up to one of the top 3 picks.

They don't have to be top 5 bad to get a top QB though. Recent history has shown us if you give up a boatload of picks, you can have your blue chip prospect @ QB.

I've supported Tannehill, and praised him when he's played well, but I'll also call him out when he doesn't.

The first 3 weeks were solid. These last two weeks, he was not good. He has to play better than that, or this show will be over. Hopefully the last 2 weeks are just a disturbing anamoly and not the norm going forward.

I wish RT would tell us something more than just "I need to play better", we already know that.

tannehill.jpg

It wasn’t long ago that Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill was sailing along with prodigious efficiency. It’s been about two weeks since he polished off the Raiders to push his team to 3-0, but he’s been disastrous ever since.
“I have to play better,” Tannehill said after practice today. “I have to take care of the football. That’s what it comes down to is really just eliminating the turnovers. Those turnovers we had at the end of the game – that I had at the end of the game –really hurt us. If you eliminate those, we’ll be in good shape.”
Will they? The offense has managed one touchdown in each of the last two games, and the one against New England came in garbage time with Brock Osweiler at quarterback.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...ng-after-loss-bengals/Bu9MhPU8QXNm9vSEBztaNM/

Oh yay...welcome back timid check down Tanne

That de that used to be from the raiders remember? You triple team or else we dead. And tannehill better play good this time or else we need to send him to ivy league football. Im sick of him stinking and making my sundays a living nightmare.

That statement makes me laugh and cry at the same time. When times get tough, Ryan, you run away and hide.

What are you blabbering about? He acknowledges he needs to improve and that the t/o is on him.
So how is he running away and hiding?

Overblown per usual. I will worry about this if it becomes a trend. What I don’t want him doing is losing any of his aggressiveness.

That Cincinnati front is no joke like league leader in qb pressures and there’s more of them on the schedule.

Bounce a ball off a tight ends helmet on a can’t release dump due to immediate pressure is bad luck more than anything else.

Critical end result for momentum but bad luck none the less.

Exactly! Great perspective as usual. Keep up the great work.

His comments are pretty telling....

Their problems are NOT about turnovers.

He is very good about not turning the ball over, especially compared to other QBs who have much more talent.

Their problems are that he is TOO CAREFUL and does not make PASSING plays on 3rd down other than checking it down.

If they have ZERO turnovers but convert ZERO percent of their 3rd downs via the pass...

The rest of the team would have to be PERFECT in order to have any chance of winning.

He is too slow to pull the trigger, he stares down his target, his ball placement is usually bad...

He never really takes the blame. His problems are NOT about his turnovers, they are about the REST OF HIS GAME. Wake TF U.... :(

At this stage, you can't fix decision making. You can only minimize the amount of opportunities of making one by putting the ball in Tannehills hands less. Now I get why Philbin coached him like this after his rookie year.

And this ladies and gentlemen is the problem.

“I thought we were good the first three weeks,” coach Adam Gase said. “I think he had some good touchdown passes when he had pressure. I think his rating was up there pretty good.

A coach who is more concerned with QB ratings than the success of the team.

This upcoming draft should be more about solidifying that Oline and upgrading the defense. So when 2020 comes around when there’s better options at QB like Tagovailoa, this team will be better prepared. I definitely don’t want them picking up a QB next year just for the sake of drafting.
Bingo

Yes next years draft should be about solidifying the oline.

Rotflmao

Weve been saying this since marino retired.....and look who our qb is.....tannehill ..........

Back
Top Bottom