Dolphins Hopeful Jamiyus Pittman Draws Inspiration From Ex-ucf Teammate Shaquem Griffin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Hopeful Jamiyus Pittman Draws Inspiration From Ex-ucf Teammate Shaquem Griffin

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
900355160.jpg

Dolphins coaches will push undrafted defensive tackle Jamiyus Pittman to work hard to make the team this summer, but none of them could ever hope to inspire Pittman as much as a former teammate.
As a defensive tackle at Central Florida, Pittman played in front of linebacker Shaquem Griffin, who overcame the loss of his left hand at age 4 to become a fifth-round draft choice of the Seattle Seahawks, where he’ll play alongside twin brother Shaquill, a cornerback.
“He’s the most inspiring person I’ve met in my life,” Pittman said. “He’s been through a lot and I think he deserves everything that he’s getting.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...iration-from-ex-ucf-teammate-shaquem-griffin/

Overview
Played outside for UCF this season, but will likely be a nose on the next level. Pittman plays with heavy hands and a jarring punch to take early control at the line of scrimmage, but he lacks length and initial quickness. Pittman's power at the point of attack is a trait that teams can work with which gives him a shot at finding a backup role or an early practice squad designation.
Strengths
  • Compact, stout frame
  • Plays with heavy hands
  • Jars blocker's pads at impact
  • Plays with adequate balance and coordination
  • Active to shed when engaged
  • Plays at his best when he's square to the line
  • Can take on single blocks with good power and anchor
  • Active and plays with consistent motor
  • Produced consistent pressure and sack numbers in college
  • Was asked to take on a greater leadership role by Scott Frost's staff and did so
Weaknesses
  • Shorter than desired
  • Initial quickness is average
  • Early hands need to be quicker into blocker's frame
  • Plays too stiff-legged at point of attack
  • Lacks upfield burst to disrupt against run
  • Effort rusher who may not have the rush talent to produce in NFL
  • Needs to fine-tune a go-to move
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jamiyus-pittman?id=32462018-0002-5600-2626-c860e9344aff

I will be rooting hard for this kid.

Besides the fact that we're a UCF family, uncovering a gem at DT would be phenomenal.

We need all the DT help we can get......hope it works out.

Everything is possible, specially with DT's it seems. Last year we got contributions from a 5th and 6th rounder at the position so an UDFA has a chance too.

Back
Top Bottom