Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take it that many people are young, do not live in Florida, or have not lived here very long.

No one is playing a game a day or two before a possible category 3-4, or maybe even 5 storm hits.
I've lived here since 81. Are you saying then that the game won't be play till week 11?

Ozzy rules!!

It looks like it hits Cuba and becomes a 1. Then it might curve upwards to south Florida

Just a suggestion (maybe a bad one) move it to Tampa on Saturday or just find a neutral stadium

Just a suggestion (maybe a bad one) move it to Tampa on Saturday or just find a neutral stadium

Both the Jags & Falcons are on the road week one. ?

I still see the most likely scenario of having it being played on our matching bye weeks

Both the Jags & Falcons are on the road week one. ?

I still see the most likely scenario of having it being played on our matching bye weeks
I'd rather keep our bye week but at the same time people need to be safe

I don't want to pretend I know how to prepare for a hurricane so all please pardon my ignorance.

Can preparations begin now? Boarding up, buying bags of sand, etc.

I don't want to pretend I know how to prepare for a hurricane so all please pardon my ignorance.

Yep. I spent the better part of yesterday getting ready. Bought dry goods & water, testing flashlights and lanterns, making sure the shutters work, etc. etc.

I don't see why not. Obviously we don't deal with hurricanes here in California, but we get our fair share of disasters here (fires, floods, earthquakes, etc). And with those natural disasters you don't always get days warnings before they occur. Being prepared ahead of time always makes sense.

Obvious concerns for general safety aside, the NFL is now facing a looming decision under the shadow of Irma. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Miami Dolphins are slated for a Week 1 game at Hard Rock Stadium, and safety issues may force them to make a move on the game. Whether it's a postponement or moving the game up, the league is going to need to do something if projections continue as they have been.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...to-move-or-reschedule-buccaneers-vs-dolphins/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom