Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. If my hospital doesn't need me, I'll probably volunteer at the VA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Florida have a pretty good organized evacuation plan?

The last time we really had to evacuate was '92 for Andrew and we went to my grandparents place in Melbourne (not Australia ;)). We sat in traffic for hours and hours on 95, but that was the last time I can really remember a large amount of people leaving because of a storm.

Besides that I can't really recall this many people being so concerned about a hurricane as they should about this one. Typically if it's "merely" a Cat 2 or 3 everyone just sits tight and rides it out. Hurricane parties are a thing. We were in Gainesville for Hurricanes Frances and Jeanne and we pretty much hung out outside drinking and playing cards by flashlight as leaves smacked us in the face. We didn't head in until branches started snapping off.

They started with the Keys today and will most likely trickle the voluntary and then mandatory evacs going North from there. As @SCLSU Mud Dogs said earlier they have suspended all tolls so the turnpike will be just as accessible as I-95.

Here's the weather station for Barbuda. Either the eye passed over starting at 1am or the station went down due to 155 MPH gusts.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=pqr&sid=BARA9&num=12&raw=0

DJBR2fXUQAAuyXb.jpg

DJBSf_KXUAEpn3G.jpg

Last edited:
Not loving that 5 am update at all.

Looks like the cone is starting to adjust slowly to the right and now it is heading up the state with direct hit potential to South FL with the eye directly over Orlando by Monday morning.

If you are in FL, u are gonna feel this thing no matter where u are.

I just heard this on the local news in S Fl. They will play the game on Nov. 19 when both teams have bye. Another plan has the game being moved to Pennsylvania.

Keeps shifting to the east and is still 5 days out. Salguero is right. Schedule it for Monday night and if it continues on its current path move it to the bye week. This will be much ado about nothing.

Sorry, I hadn't seen anywhere that they may play the game this Sunday in Pittsburgh or Philidelphia. If they do the Nov 19 thing we will lose our bye basically going 16 straight. Tough deal all around.

Keeps shifting to the east and is still 5 days out. Salguero is right. Schedule it for Monday night and if it continues on its current path move it to the bye week. This will be much ado about nothing.

I mean right now you cannot schedule anything. The current cone has the eye of the storm passing over South FL late Sunday night into Monday morning . . . I think the most critical thing is the after effects of this storm. It could be breezy and clear by Monday night with a rain band here and there . . . But the aftermath of this storm could be devastating from a debris aspect and certanly tons of power outages.

I would not relocate so I am fine with them waiting as long as possible to reschedule this game knowing that the bye week scenario is the ultimate safezone play.

I think a lot of Fantasy football owners maybe panicking . . . But I am out here this morning looking for gas pumps without the yellow bag saying they are out of gas.

**** the game at this point.

I'm hearing Tampa and Orlando are already running out of gas. People are already travelling north. It might be doable, but still a risk. I just do not want to be in a situation where I'm riding out a cat 3 hurricane in a hotel room.

I have my wife with me also. So a wife, a baby and a cat.
Gas was all gone in my area (Daytona) except for BJ's last night. There probably will be more coming but I can't guarantee it. If you are coming up I-95 near Daytona send me a pm or phone number and I can let you or anyone else know where gas is available here. I could also meet you at BJ's to use my membership card if needed. It's right off highway.

Gas was all gone in my area (Daytona) except for BJ's last night. There probably will be more coming but I can't guarantee it. If you are coming up I-95 near Daytona send me a pm or phone number and I can let you or anyone else know where gas is available here. I could also meet you at BJ's to use my membership card if needed. It's right off highway.
What a community this is. Heart warming.

Stay safe one and all.

And the local media refuses to tell locals that this thing has been moving east since yesterday. Anything to keep the views at max.

This dirty slut is looking more and more like a miss on Florida and a direct hit on South Carolina. If anything, East Florida.

Hopefully there is enough evidence for the NHC to update the projections.

God bless. Stay safe everyone. Help your neighbors if you can. I've got shutters but I'll be spending the next few days helping those who don't put up wood.

Last edited:

You traded gas for BJ's? What?

Just a heads up.... Most of the gas stations on Miramar Parkway (East) do indeed still have gas. The Shells by the Publix/Antonio's Pizza does. Just filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom