Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread | Page 55 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins / Hurricane Irma thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the local media refuses to tell locals that this thing has been moving east since yesterday. Anything to keep the views at max.

This dirty slut is looking more and more like a miss on Florida and a direct hit on South Carolina. If anything, East Florida.

Hopefully there is enough evidence for the NHC to update the projections.

God bless. Stay safe everyone. Help your neighbors if you can. I've got shutters but I'll be spending the next few days helping those who don't put up wood.

I normally agree but with this beast it probably is smart to keep the panic button on until we have definitive confirmation that we aren't getting the full brunt.

The cone has shifted right, but it also has expanded because of the uncertainty . . . I truly believe in the end, they don't have a full definitive on the end result.

185 mph . . . I have no interest in letting my guard down until I know **** is better.

Wow there are Twitter rumblings that the UM game in Arkansas ST. will be cancelled this week. Thought they would get out and play and stay up there if need be.

Here's the weather station for Barbuda. Either the eye passed over starting at 1am or the station went down due to 155 MPH gusts.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=pqr&sid=BARA9&num=12&raw=0

DJBR2fXUQAAuyXb.jpg

DJBSf_KXUAEpn3G.jpg

People were driving in that? Wow.

IMG_5264.PNG Marathon on 595 and Nob Hill by me just got late gas delivery late last night if people still looking for gas.

I hopinng the storm keeps shifting east and over ocean and spares all of us any significant damage.

Last edited:
The strength of the winds are forecast to be 120 when it reaches the US mainland which is still serious but not the monster it is now. Not hearing projections on rain and storm surge which could be good news.

I mean right now you cannot schedule anything. The current cone has the eye of the storm passing over South FL late Sunday night into Monday morning . . . I think the most critical thing is the after effects of this storm. It could be breezy and clear by Monday night with a rain band here and there . . . But the aftermath of this storm could be devastating from a debris aspect and certanly tons of power outages.

I would not relocate so I am fine with them waiting as long as possible to reschedule this game knowing that the bye week scenario is the ultimate safezone play.

I think a lot of Fantasy football owners maybe panicking . . . But I am out here this morning looking for gas pumps without the yellow bag saying they are out of gas.

**** the game at this point.

Prepare for backlash. lol

As of this point WindyTY has the west quadrant sitting over Ft Lauderdale Sunday late morning/early afternoon: https://www.windy.com/?2017-09-10-18,30.194,-81.601,5

Last edited:
So I guess it's now "who cares about South Carolina"

Ha ha figures.

Starting to think this things gonna impact me in virginia

I live in the WPB area and I'm pretty confused what to do. Normally, I would lock everything up a few days ahead and head over to Naples or St Pete and have a little vacation and then drive back after things have settled down. However, the sheer size of Irma and the fact that some recent projected models have it heading up the middle of Florida mean that nowhere is safe. I know that any decision needs to be made soon and I don't want to stick around if there is a direct hit in WPB - I went through the experience 10 or so years ago and it was pretty scary, hoping that the roof will not get blown off. Welcome feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom