Dolphins in the Red Zone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins in the Red Zone

Wow I had no idea. Near the bottom of the league in penalties and near the top in RZ efficiency; if that's not the recipe the Pats have been using for 20 years then I don't know what is.

Flo & Co. have had my support since he managed to put this staff together and have given me no reason to falter. The future is bright in MIA.

Weird cause I say that several times a game...every time the offense takes the field and I see Ballage trotting out there I say to myself "WTF, why?"
This is an area I ding the coaching staff on. Ballage has no business on an NFL roster. I don't understand what they see in him.

Very impressive stats, just watched a segment on GMF where they touted Tannehill's growth and I was pissed we let him go but then saw this thread and smiled proudly. They also glowed about DVP and I am feeling really good about what we can be...#psyched

That is pretty impressive. I had no idea we were doing so well there. I've said before I like the coaching staff as a whole and not just Flores. Of course he's the main guy but assistant coaches are so important and sometimes they don't get enough credit.
Flores identifying talent in others is a great skill as well, really important when your current assistants take other jobs because of their success

This is an area I ding the coaching staff on. Ballage has no business on an NFL roster. I don't understand what they see in him.
Probably trying to see if they can develop him to match his physical gifts. It’s a throwaway season - I don’t think he’s back on the 53 next year if there isn’t marked improvement.

Would having a consistent, reliable, running game be helpful in the red zone?

Because we're doing this without any of that.

Miami is doing without lot of stuff that is making no sense how it is still working.

-An offensive line where not one can be thought of as overpowering, and the one goodl linemen, Miami traded away.

-Receiving squad that is having problems getting enough quality to play week to week.

-QB unit comprised of a career journeyman, and a 2nd year QB that is trying to figure it out.

-RB Unit that does not have one real solid starter, let alone quality starter.

-Defensive line who's best pass-rusher is a young player that was cut by the Cowboys early in the season because he was not consistent enough.

-A LB squad that the last few years before 2019, were pretty ineffective, and this year were rebuilt with a few holdovers from last year, with many new faces of forgotten or unknown players.

-The secondary is right off the bat without it's two best players after one was traded, and the other was injured, putting the coaching staff having to make due with 3rd and 4th string players.

-Finally, a young coaching staff learning on the job, as they do their best not to alllow Miami to look as bad as they should be.

So after a far too long going over with what we all already know, my answer is, when Miami gets a real workhorse, starting RB, linemen to block for him, a QB that will work to become our franchise QB, getting into the Redzone should be even easier...Add to that quality players on defense, and things might be starting to get better in Miami.

Amazingly with only 3 wins, this has been the most impressive season, with added anticipation for the following year, I have had in a very long time.

Meanwhile in Philly...

"Unfortunately, he (Dallas Goedert, finheaven superstar) can’t get open consistently (especially against man coverage) which has been a problem going back to college where he was overly reliant on making contested catches. And this was at the FCS level where he was playing against future office managers. It’s even harder to get open against professional football players."

Interesting since Goedert had 6 catching (on 7 targets) for 66 yards and Ertz had just 3 catches for 24 yards thanks in large part to Rowe.

Is it foolish of me to be concerned about losing Oshea in the offseason? Because I would cry grown man tears....

Interesting since Goedert had 6 catching (on 7 targets) for 66 yards and Ertz had just 3 catches for 24 yards thanks in large part to Rowe.

Not saying Goedert is a bad football player, just not as good of a prospect as Mike was coming out. Overwhelming Finheaven consensus is wrong once again (big surprise lol).

Glad Grier made the right decision, Mike is just getting started while Goedert is already close to his ceiling which isn't too hi because he lacks explosion.

As Ozzie Newsome once said when asked about what is the primary trait he looks for in NFL prospects, simple answer: "speed".

Now look at the Ravens...

Last edited:
You can tell Mike Gesicki loves to play foosball with the gargantuans!

Flores identifying talent in others is a great skill as well, really important when your current assistants take other jobs because of their success
That's the weird thing about this season.

In the past, when we would bring somebody up from the practice squad, or sign a guy off the street to fill a spot because of injury, it was usually an unmitigated disaster.

I never felt confident in those players being put in those situations.

Now, we are having the water delivery guys suit up, and they are holding their own.

I imagine this is what Patriot fans are used to in these situations.

They always seem to be able to plug holes (despite their abysmal drafting).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom