Dolphins in the Red Zone | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins in the Red Zone

very interesting when you consider that Chad O'shea was the red zone game planner in New England as well as coaching receivers. Since he left they have seen a drop in both departments according to their fans. Makes me wonder how much the pats have helped with McDaniels success

very interesting when you consider that Chad O'shea was the red zone game planner in New England as well as coaching receivers. Since he left they have seen a drop in both departments according to their fans. Makes me wonder how much the pats have helped with McDaniels success

Dude, I’m no offensive genius, but I do understand football and the fundamentals. I’ve been saying all along that I like O’shea‘s play calling and the way he’s running this offense. He’s all about players strengths. He knows damn well if he keeps letting Fitz nickel and diming the offense that he’ll get himself in trouble so let what Fitz does best and airs it out knowing if we’re gonna lose we’ll lose by the strengths of the players and what the D gives us. He knew throwing those balls up to our tall playmakers against the smaller DBs would have some success, only we kept hitting homeruns on Sunday

That is pretty impressive. I had no idea we were doing so well there. I've said before I like the coaching staff as a whole and not just Flores. Of course he's the main guy but assistant coaches are so important and sometimes they don't get enough credit.

That is pretty impressive. I had no idea we were doing so well there. I've said before I like the coaching staff as a whole and not just Flores. Of course he's the main guy but assistant coaches are so important and sometimes they don't get enough credit.

IMO staff is critical. What impressed me re Flores early on was the obvious quality of staff he pulled together
and we haven't had the services of Caldwell -- who might have been a very productive contributor... Hope he
makes it back!

Image result for ryan fitzpatrick

1575386299655.png

Meanwhile in Philly...

"Unfortunately, he (Dallas Goedert, finheaven superstar) can’t get open consistently (especially against man coverage) which has been a problem going back to college where he was overly reliant on making contested catches. And this was at the FCS level where he was playing against future office managers. It’s even harder to get open against professional football players."

The playcalling is so much better than the Gase era, it’s not even funny. I’ve experienced about 1000% less “wtf was THAT?” Moments this year.
Weird cause I say that several times a game...every time the offense takes the field and I see Ballage trotting out there I say to myself "WTF, why?"

Would having a consistent, reliable, running game be helpful in the red zone?

Because we're doing this without any of that.

For what it's worth: I absolutely agree that Coordinators should get credit where credit is due but Flores definitely should get credit for picking his coordinators in the first place (just as he gets the blame when things go wrong). ;) :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom