Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Inspired by the Miami Heat's Championship Run

that's true...but i'll know better...and that's all that matters to me...

i realize its not the popular opinion around these parts but i've never been one to just go with the grain when my eyes tell me different...

and vaark durants been treated worse in ths finals than manny pacquio was in the tim bradley fight...

the heat and the thunder were the 2 best teams in the league this year but i swear the officiating has been so bad in the heats favor when it mattered that this could have been epic nba finals has turned into a sham...

supermarks westbrook goes to the rim more than any heat player pretty much so that jump shooting argument is garbage...and i wasn't talking about the trips to the basket either...anyways no use in arguing it on the main forum...you homers enjoy your paper championship...although i would at least wait til you actually win tonight before i start popping the bubbly...

hats off to lebron if he wins it...he deserves it...and thats about as far as i can go...looking forward to the nba supposedly invoking a flopping rule so guys like wade and battier have to actually earn things...wade especially

Since we're on this topic, Wade is and has always followed NBA rules with that move. He has perfected the jumper foul since his second year in the league. Having to change rules because a player is making the leagues rules look like a joke(which they are) is not the players fault.

I'd also like to point out that just because the Heat are this good doesn't mean they're getting help from the league or officiating crew... They're just great :up:

The NBA season is still going on?

I agree. I'd rather wait around for months reading ****ty Omar Kelly articles, eagerly waiting for the season to start than ever give two ****s about basketball.

With that said I've been watching the nba finals and I'm rooting hard for the Heat

i can't check it on my work comp but i will when i get home...any of you basketball guys want to weigh in...is that a foul on ibaka??? does wade not immediately after the shot is blocked try to reach out and grab ibaka???
LOL You ask me to post a video to settle a discussion that you cant open bc youre at work. TBH, looking at it again, the call looks like it couldve gone either way(you tend to see things differently in the heat of the moment, with all the craziness going on, and yes, homer goggles), but on the same token, Wade def didnt clutch and grab.

BTW, I'm a transplanted S. Floridian living in Richmond too.

LOL You ask me to post a video to settle a discussion that you cant open bc youre at work. TBH, looking at it again, the call looks like it couldve gone either way(you tend to see things differently in the heat of the moment, with all the craziness going on, and yes, homer goggles), but on the same token, Wade def didnt clutch and grab.

thats a clean play from what i saw in any league other than maybe a girls one...i'm just glad the officials didn't reward wade on that play...ie bail him out

Still not going to watch or really care about the result. Barry, Darrell, Jarrod, Brandi and Dave will be on my TV tonight. YUUUP!

106bn6e-1.jpg

rchmond...you play any hoops???

thats a clean play from what i saw in any league other than maybe a girls one...i'm just glad the officials didn't reward wade on that play...ie bail him out
OK fine, clean play in your eyes. Now lets get back to the genesis of the conversation. Based on your opinion of the Ibaka play, was Battier's position any worse? Not moving, and not in the restricted zone.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

rchmond...you play any hoops???
Not anymore, no time with full time work and a fam. Used to play at Rockwood though, til it got crazy with all the shootings and nonsense.

OK fine, clean play in your eyes. Now lets get back to the genesis of the conversation. Based on your opinion of the Ibaka play, was Battier's position any worse? Not moving, and not in the restricted zone.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Not anymore, no time with full time work and a fam. Used to play at Rockwood though, til it got crazy with all the shootings and nonsense.

so you're admitting thats a clean play...in your own way...works for me...as for the battier call the nba is horrible about getting those charge calls right anyways imo you should play thru a lot of that kind of contact unless it effects the shot...i hate the charge call anyways...i get it you want to reward the d for beating the man to a position but the stuff in transition and worse off a single power dribble should be play on...the stuff where the guy comes all the way from the 3 point line down the lane in a half court set that to me is more what should be called...

the other thing though is battier flops so much on soft contact i don't like that the nba rewards flopping...and you'll rarely see a play like that where battier isn't leaning into the contact...

rockwood...i like living too much to play there

the ibaka play i'll put it this way...you call that garbage where i play and the balls going the other way...no matter what

You can't slide your body when the offensive player is in the air. doesn't have anything to do when contact is made.
Yeah, nothing in the rules speaks to this:

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_c.html?nav=ArticleList

At best it could have gone either way, and my point is, if the refs wanted to give Miami and LeBron like its been suggested, wouldn't a charge have been called on that play, knocking Durant out of the game?

so you're admitting thats a clean play...in your own way...works for me...as for the battier call the nba is horrible about getting those charge calls right anyways imo you should play thru a lot of that kind of contact unless it effects the shot...i hate the charge call anyways...i get it you want to reward the d for beating the man to a position but the stuff in transition and worse off a single power dribble should be play on...the stuff where the guy comes all the way from the 3 point line down the lane in a half court set that to me is more what should be called...

the other thing though is battier flops so much on soft contact i don't like that the nba rewards flopping...and you'll rarely see a play like that where battier isn't leaning into the contact...

rockwood...i like living too much to play there
I didnt admit it was clean, and I see youre still not admitting Wade didnt grab Ibaka on his way down. I will agree both calls could have gone either way, and OKC has had both of those go their way, though youve said Miami gets ALL the calls. I mean, we can agree a 6th foul on Durant there wouldve effectively ended that game on the spot.

And btw to your earlier point, I'll give you that Westbrook goes to the rim alot, but what about the others? Durant and Harden are primarily shooters...Ibaka, Sepholosha, Perkins, and Collison are very limited offensive players whio defenately dont get to the rim. The foul shots are proportional to the types of offensive games these teams play IMO.

I didnt admit it was clean, and I see youre still not admitting Wade didnt grab Ibaka on his way down. I will agree both calls could have gone either way, and OKC has had both of those go their way, though youve said Miami gets ALL the calls. I mean, we can agree a 6th foul on Durant there wouldve effectively ended that game on the spot.

And btw to your earlier point, I'll give you that Westbrook goes to the rim alot, but what about the others? Durant and Harden are primarily shooters...Ibaka, Sepholosha, Perkins, and Collison are very limited offensive players whio defenately dont get to the rim. The foul shots are proportional to the types of offensive games these teams play IMO.

i'm gonna take a look but i swear i remember thinking and there's wade trying to grab hold of ibaka to get a call...hardin goes to the rim a plenty...heck he's most effective off the dribble drive...but the fouls that i've had issues with have had nothing to do with guys going to the cup...although westbrook shooting 3 fts in game 4 as much contact as he took on his way to the rim left me wondering how that happens...

After I listened to the coach and player interviews yesterday i was going to made a post about this (thanks JCane)

Forget the " who fouled who" stuff. I listened to Philbin and Bush saying that this was uniting the community and the Dolphins wanted to do the same thing. Some on here always complain about Miami fans especiallly when they visit and see lots of Jets or Pats fans at our games.

Have you seen the fan support for a winning team ? How many blue shirts do you see at a heat game ? Maybe a hand full. The place is packed with loyal Miami fans. This is what the Fins should strive for. Championship or bust.

Go HEAT ... Make the city proud.

Back
Top Bottom