Dolphins intend to try rookie OL Robert Hunt at right tackle | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins intend to try rookie OL Robert Hunt at right tackle

Exactly, I don't think our Pass protection is going to be much worse then last year ( how can it) What i think should improve SIGNIFICANTLY is our Running game Jackson, Kindley, Hunt are some Big Hoss Offensive Linemen who should open up lanes and running room for our HB's..

I'm tired of all these weak but agile Olinemen we always draft, I Love how damn massive our Linemen are on paper this year all about 320+ pounds.. I don't want to hear zone blocking,Finesse running,or Agile.. I just want to hear Destroy the man in front,road graders and plow the road.
BOOM!!!! Spot on, I'm tired of people making the O Line more complicated than it is. Put a helmet on a helmet and impose your will on another man. I get there is more to it than that, but that's the basics of blocking. An improved run game will help the pass blocking.

Out of 576 passing downs, Hunt only gave up 5 QB pressures. No Sacks, No QB touches. Lets see how good he is at RT. He will be a very good guard as a minimum.

He excels in peewee football, assignment blocking schemes. I am intrigued to see how he does with zone, slides and in space with the NFL speed.

Some have argued Hunt didn't play top competition. That is not true. They played A&M, Alabama, Georgia, LSU etc. He played some of the best defensive linemen in the SEC and held his own if not outplayed.
Finally someone brought it out. He is the starting right tackle and will be an all pro within time at that position.

His arms look awfully short for a tackle. I've read he is considered a future All-Pro at guard.....

You are unfamiliar with the schedule the Cajuns played. Those little teams like LSU Alabama Georgia Texas A&M

show me tape of those games with hunt cause I can’t find it. I’d sure like to see those feet and foot speed on the edge vs comparable nfl game speed

show me tape of those games with hunt cause I can’t find it. I’d sure like to see those feet and foot speed on the edge vs comparable nfl game speed

It’s mostly about the running game but there is one pass play around the 7:00 mark.

The video does show him playing RT vs Alabama and in my opinion doing a good job at it. He gets to the second level much better than I would have expected.

It’s mostly about the running game but there is one pass play around the 7:00 mark.

The video does show him playing RT vs Alabama and in my opinion doing a good job at it. He gets to the second level much better than I would have expected.

one thing I do agree with is he looks like a good fit for an rpo based offense. We just disagree on where his best fit would be at tbe next level. Rpo based offense can hide some feet and foot speed on the edge no doubt. Ball will be out quick so will tbe qb decisions and reads.

so I give them credit for identifying a good fit for a tua heavy rpo based offense.

that said that’s one pass set clip at the 7 minute mark and a very basic ask one at that. He’s not asked to kick out and meet a guy quickly off the snap etc. the play call drives that ask more than anything. The balls coming out quick no matter what.

I don’t want to be chasing the scoreboard or sticks with that level feet and foot speed on the edge. Longer drops for longer downs and distances etc and speed off the edge looks like a bad combo

I’ve heard some comps to the Buffalo right tackle drafted a couple years ago. I do think there are some similarities however the Buffalo kid coming out of Oklahoma while also a tweener type guard/tackle possessed better feet as a prospect.

feet and foot speed is a big deal on the edge vs nfl athleticism and speed etc.

I don't think you looked very hard. In one video he is seen against A&M, LSU, Georgia, and Alabama.

We have to play 3 rookies on the O-line because that's how bereft of talent we are before the draft. We have Karras and Flowers right now. Davis is not really an NFL-starter talent.
Ultimately, we're probably going to have another Terrible season of O-line play while rookies learn and our mediocre veterans like Davis and Davenport struggle cuz theyre not good. But, maybe a guy like Davenport can surprise. Davis is great depth at the least and probably will start the 2020 season at RT while Hunt gets his brains beat in getting that trial by fire.
Letting Boehm go seems very foolish. How much lower was our offer? Did we not make an offer?

I think this is a bad idea. He needs to use the time now to adjust to NFL competition at OG. Honeslty, IMHO, he isn't good enough to start at OT, but he has a chance to be an NFL OG, but it's a big step up in competition, and he needs to be preparing for it.

Back
Top Bottom