Dolphins intend to try rookie OL Robert Hunt at right tackle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins intend to try rookie OL Robert Hunt at right tackle

I'll take a Pro Bowl RG over an avg RT, let's hope they don't force him to stay in a role he shouldn't be in if it doesnt work
We definitely shouldn't pull a Flowers but I think there's hope for him a Tackle.

And I understand that certain guys simply prefer one side of the line. But when it comes to takles, much of their responsibility is dependent on what hand his QB throws with.

Basically most LT's end up playing that side because they specialize in pass protection. But we are the only team that doesn't follow that rule, since Tua is the only left handed starter*.

Much of the hesitation over Hunt at RT is over his ability to protect Tua's blindside.

So I wouldn't be completely surprised if Austin Jackson ends up playing RT and Hunt is our LT. It might make more sense based on skillset. I know Hunt has already played LT, so it's really dependent on Jackson's versatility.

Last edited:
Poor Fitzpatrick...

What a way to go out...two years of being the crash dummy for suspect o-lines.

He gets paid well to do it, just like stunt people, they may not be the glory guys, but they did their part, and paid well for it.

He gets paid well to do it, just like stunt people, they may not be the glory guys, but they did their part, and paid well for it.
Indeed he does...just tell that to his children and grandchildren when they ask him to play catch and he can't because he can barely move anything but his eyes without pain because of experiments on the o-line. The o-line needs to be fixed BEFORE our porcelain doll gets behind center. There should not be a whole lot of moving parts.

Kindley played quite a bit at LG though ... wonder why he is projected on the right side?
Because people have Hunt pegged at the RT...and also Flores has been know to play with the o-line. Kindley played RG some right guard his freshman year.

We have the bodies...now for the results.

I think Hunt seems more suited to play RG than RT. Road graders seem to do better at guard than tackle. I think the best move would be to have him at RG and Davis at RT for this season and then bring in another RT next offseason in free agency or the draft for when Tua gets ready to take over. Kindley could end up taking over for Flowers at LG after a year or two.

Last edited:
They've been showing past Cheatriots games lately, so I've been paying extra attention to KARRAS.

The guy is a baller! I'm thinking he's going to be very hard to replace. I'd be surprised if he isn't extended.
Great

I think the move to RT would be a mistake at least year one. Miscasting the player. His role and where he is right now as a player, as a bully/mauler on the inside. Davis, while not great, is better suited right now for RT.

I think the move to RT would be a mistake at least year one. Miscasting the player. His role and where he is right now as a player, as a bully/mauler on the inside. Davis, while not great, is better suited right now for RT.
I kinda though Davis settled in at the position towards the end of the season.

I kinda though Davis settled in at the position towards the end of the season.
HE did play better towards the end of the season. If Hunts beats him out...great, but I don't think it happens. Davis is an ok starter and a really Solid Swing option. Hunt is raw, will need time. Putting him between two vets could be beneficial.

The Dolphins coaching staff is going to be moving around the players to find the best players at the right positions, in the right combination.

The O-line will be fixed one way or the other.

Back
Top Bottom