Dolphins Interested In Jacoby Brissett (???) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Interested In Jacoby Brissett (???)

This shouldn’t be surprising, regardless of the source. We now have connections to him via Caldwell. Add to the fact that assuming we ditch RT, the only QB left on the roster is Falk .... so we have to add someone.

If he is cheap enough ... why not ... considering the direction we are going ...

A season of Brisserr, Falk and another young development QB
might just be our way ahead this year, unless something falls in our lap in FA or the draft. It’s not outrageous ....

This shouldn’t be surprising, regardless of the source. We now have connections to him via Caldwell. Add to the fact that assuming we ditch RT, the only QB left on the roster is Falk .... so we have to add someone.

If he is cheap enough ... why not ... considering the direction we are going ...

might just be our way ahead this year, unless something falls in our lap in FA or the draft. It’s not outrageous ....
How is that?

The new QB coach, iirc, from NE pretty much groomed him AND Garrapplo during their time in NE.

I could see it

Cheap bridge the gap option
Cheaper than Ruddock or Fales? I don't think so. Not when it would cost the Dolphins draft capital and a larger cap hit due to his veteran status.

There are too many people around here still in "win now" mode. That's not the plan and Brissett offers no future for this team, he's just not very good. If the goal is to get to 7-9 or 8-8 and continue the mediocrity then trade for Brissett.

You currently have 2 QB’s on the roster..the Lions QB they signed also. If you have the tank qb’s why would we trade anything (if ur rebuilding) to get a slightly better QB.

Brissett was a 3rd round pick and has played like a 3rd round pick for 3 seasons, why trade for this guy who's got 1 year left on his rookie contract when you could just draft your own QB with all of his rookie contract remaining? There is absolutely no logical reason to trade for this guy...

Dammit BobDole hahaThis would be the worst possible move we could make. Trade pick(s) for a mediocre QB when we can just take our lumps one more year and have a franchise guy for 15 years. I will leave it at that.

Dammit BobDole hahaThis would be the worst possible move we could make. Trade pick(s) for a mediocre QB when we can just take our lumps one more year and have a franchise guy for 15 years. I will leave it at that.

Hey, I'm not for it for the same reasons as everyone else ... he'd **** up the tank.

But, if Murray becomes a realistic option (doubtful), then it wouldn't be unwise to have some experience in that QB room ... and someone decent enough to start if worse comes to worse. I don't think it's an insane option, that's for sure.

Its getting to be comedy hour

Yes, you’re absolutely right. Brissett is the answer to the Phins QB problems.
We should give up a 4th rd pick and thrown in Howard too. Hell we should give up 13th pick as well.
He’s the guy we need to build around and take us to the next level.

One of the most obnoxious things I've seen recently is the media reporting what the media say as news. I love how the term "there have been discussions" is used as the source.

Of course there have been discussions. But between whom? Hell, there have been discussions that Miami should bring Jarvis Landry back. That's a perfectly true statement. But it doesn't mean a damn thing unless we know WHO is doing the discussing.

Cheaper than Ruddock or Fales? I don't think so. Not when it would cost the Dolphins draft capital and a larger cap hit due to his veteran status.

There are too many people around here still in "win now" mode. That's not the plan and Brissett offers no future for this team, he's just not very good. If the goal is to get to 7-9 or 8-8 and continue the mediocrity then trade for Brissett.

just depends on how bad they are willing to be at the qb position in 19. I'm not sure that this new staff is gonna be willing to be horrific.

Back
Top Bottom