Dolphins Interested In Jacoby Brissett (???) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Interested In Jacoby Brissett (???)

Yes, you’re absolutely right. Brissett is the answer to the Phins QB problems.
We should give up a 4th rd pick and thrown in Howard too. Hell we should give up 13th pick as well.
He’s the guy we need to build around and take us to the next level.
ESPN is running through what they consider ‘realistic trades’. They have Parker straight up for Brissett and Howard foe the Raiders’ 24th puck overall. So this guy is only off by three rounds, LOL.

ESPN is running through what they consider ‘realistic trades’. They have Parker straight up for Brissett and Howard foe the Raiders’ 24th puck overall. So this guy is only off by three rounds, LOL.

So a swap of 2 guys with no meaningful trade value. Now that’s comedy.
I still don’t see a need to give up anything for Brissett on team that’s allegedly going into a rebuilding process.
If Parker has any value I’d trade him for a young developmental OL prospect.

I still don’t see a need to give up anything for Brissett on team that’s allegedly going into a rebuilding process.

That's it exactly. If we just need a place holder at QB, which is all Brissett would be, there is no reason at all to give up anything for him. The idea is ridiculous and one that would have me turn on the thinking of the new regime immediately.

Oh wait, I think Jacoby Brissett just took another sack!

Hey, I'm not for it for the same reasons as everyone else ... he'd **** up the tank.

But, if Murray becomes a realistic option (doubtful), then it wouldn't be unwise to have some experience in that QB room ... and someone decent enough to start if worse comes to worse. I don't think it's an insane option, that's for sure.

I knew you were just spreading the news but I dont even want to think of this option haha

the Colts have a ton of cap room. The original trade to get him was Phillip Dorsett for Brissett.

Maybe the Colts would want either Parker or Quinn as opposed to a mid round draft pick. Something like a player and a 2019 5th for brissett and a 2020 6th or 7th
We have plenty of high salaried veterans we're trying to move … those make more sense. But spending resources to acquire a QB is a dumb move if we're tanking. If we not … ugh … here we go again around the mediocrity merry-go-round …. wheeeeee!
:dead:

you at least have to field a watchable product or the stadium will be empty, I'm not buying the 3 win ****, at least act like you're trying. If Thill is gone you need a guy who is at least a professional if we can't get Murray

I like Brissett.

I think he is someone we should of pursued back in 2017 as an insurance policy to Ryan Tannehill (i do understand he was NE and that was unlikely without a major tax)

It is tough to give up any high end assets for essentially a 1 year look before a contract is due.

But I don’t think its out of the realm to believe the trio of Grier, Flores and Caldwell really like him as a guy to be a future part of the QB room on this team. I believe all 3 know him and have worked with previously.

At this point I want to draft my guy . . . .but I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up a Dolphin in 2019 via trade or 2020 as a FA.

Last edited:

Who would trade a young developmental OL? When’s the last time you saw young OL traded?

Trading anything for a QB that is not the future at this point makes no sense. Why not just draft a QB?
If the offer is Parker for Brisset AND we are set on drafting aQB in 19, then why not trade and draft a QB? I’m not real into drafting a QB with a first pick this year and then having him get killed behind our OL. It’s not like Parker is a resource we want. Anything we get for him is a plus.

Back
Top Bottom