Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins interview with Fangio scheduled today

Obviously we want the top dog on the market for the job. You didn’t have to graduate kindergarten for a diploma in “I’ll take the best available”. That’s just nature.
Okay, so if this is true, then why does Miami/Ross keep hiring Head Coaches with no experience who were Coordinators in name only? And then, with very few exceptions, these new Head Coaches assemble a staff filled with guys who are new to their position... the blind leading the blind! Ross doesn't want veteran experience, he wants shiny and new!

Okay, so if this is true, then why does Miami/Ross keep hiring Head Coaches with no experience who were Coordinators in name only? And then, with very few exceptions, these new Head Coaches assemble a staff filled with guys who are new to their position... the blind leading the blind! Ross doesn't want veteran experience, he wants shiny and new!
Is that why he was caught talking to Sean Payton and Tom Brady?

I don’t think you can make this claim about MM’s staff. Flores’ staff, particularly his final year, was a joke.

I know it’s a fan forum where this news belongs but aren’t you guys tired of anointing the next savior when a year from now you’re lightning quick to have a hanging at Dolphins square?

ERRRRRRBODY wanted McD and now half of you if not more would have him done William Wallace at the end of Braveheart style.

Obviously we want the top dog on the market for the job. You didn’t have to graduate kindergarten for a diploma in “I’ll take the best available”. That’s just nature.

Jimmy Johnson. Nick Saban. HUGE NAMES. Shouldn’t we know enough by now to not give a flying f@ck about any of this **** until we see the product on the field?

Bro, I don’t care if they hire my pool guy or exhume Tom Landry for DNA to bioengineer us a DC. You’re gonna be just as pissed at a HOF coach hire as you would’ve been your local barista if they don’t produce results.

I like to read all of y’all’s thoughts any how because that’s what a forum is for but don’t get emotionally caught up in all this BS. Great if you wanted him and sucks if you hate the hire but does it REALLY matter until football is played?
Same can be said for draft picks and free agent signings. They’re like a box of chocolates, never know what you’re going to get. But, when all you can do is speculate, there’s a lot of speculation. Some need to comment so they can say I told you he would be good or bad. If wrong, they usually say nothing.

Last edited:
Same can be said for draft picks and free agent signings. They’re like a box of chocolates, never know why you’re going to get. But, when all you can do is speculate, there’s a lot of speculation. Some need to comment so they can say I told you he would be good or bad. If wrong, they usually say nothing.
You're catching on... :chuckle:

Same can be said for draft picks and free agent signings. They’re like a box of chocolates, never know why you’re going to get. But, when all you can do is speculate, there’s a lot of speculation. Some need to comment so they can say I told you he would be good or bad. If wrong, they usually say nothing.
300% agree.

Tom Hanks Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

If we bring in Fangio he needs an understudy, otherwise I prefer we bring in someone younger like Desai.
I think this hold true more to a HC. But you higher the best young or old at all other positions. With Vic he had been great pretty much everywhere. He also will probably ride out his career as his next job (rumors is he doesn't want to try HC again). So if he is a hit he is here at least 3 or more years. With young upcoming coaches, if they are hits, how long do they stay? 1 year, 2 years, or maybe 3. If a guy like Desai gets the job and excels you will have teams come calling for HC positions.

I think this hold true more to a HC. But you higher the best young or old at all other positions. With Vic he had been great pretty much everywhere. He also will probably ride out his career as his next job (rumors is he doesn't want to try HC again). So if he is a hit he is here at least 3 or more years. With young upcoming coaches, if they are hits, how long do they stay? 1 year, 2 years, or maybe 3. If a guy like Desai gets the job and excels you will have teams come calling for HC positions.
Obviously Fangio has to want the Job with the Dolphins, but your post makes a lot of sense.

As you point out, if they hire a young DC and he has success, he might be hired to be a head coach in a couple of years. If he fails as a DC, they will be looking to hire a new DC in a few years.

At his age and if he actually has no desire to be a HC again, Fangio would be the perfect candidate to take over as the DC and remain in the position for the next 4-5 years before he retires.

Of course the Dolphins wanting him to be their next DC and whether he wants the job in Miami is still to be determined.

I don’t think you can make this claim about MM’s staff. Flores’ staff, particularly his final year, was a joke.
Good point, although in McDaniel's case, it appears that he's not getting any help from more experienced coaches on his staff. So, either none of his assistants are experienced in calling plays, making adjustments, or managing a game, or McDaniel is just ignoring their advice, because he's been making the same mistakes all season long.

Back
Top Bottom