Dolphins @ Jaguars Will Be In London | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins @ Jaguars Will Be In London

Would like to have gone to this game if it were in Jax but oh well. At least it's not our home game and it's vs a rookie QB, new coach, and Tim Tebow at TE versus a top 5 defense in Miami. Should bode well for the fins

It’s great for the fans in the UK or Europe who can get over there. My main beef w these games is that they don’t feel like they are distributed evenly. Seems the Jags play there a lot as do we, but you seldom see the Pats or Pack for example. I don’t know how they choose.
The Jags play there because they can't sell out 8 games a year in Jacksonville. In the Jags' most recent stadium lease, he negotiated for one home game per year in London. He also attempted to buy Wembley Stadium with an eye toward relocating to it. But that deal got blown up and now whichever NFL team makes the jump to London will play at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

The Jags play there because they can't sell out 8 games a year in Jacksonville. In the Jags' most recent stadium lease, he negotiated for one home game per year in London. He also attempted to buy Wembley Stadium with an eye toward relocating to it. But that deal got blown up and now whichever NFL team makes the jump to London will play at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Correct, they would but I think its unlikely that London will get a franchise. Tottenham is a better stadium for NFL your much closer to the pitch than Wembley. Even though it holds 28000 less people, it seems much louder because of the stadium acoustics

Correct, they would but I think its unlikely that London will get a franchise. Tottenham is a better stadium for NFL your much closer to the pitch than Wembley. Even though it holds 28000 less people, it seems much louder because of the stadium acoustics

Interesting.

Id think any team in any stadium would have a huge home field advantage.

Its already an advantage just traveling east to west coast.

Then again they also have a huge road disadvantage.

The NFL will have a team in London before the end of this decade. I would have said 2025 before COVID, but it is destined to happen no later than 2030.

I doubt the Jags have a single UK fan unless they are Lawrence bandwagoners. I expect maybe 10 to 25 of those.
They're surprisingly numerous. As well as playing a game here every year, they're pretty active in the NFL UK community, or at least were prior to the ongoing global bastard.

The Jags have a strong following in the U.K. and for fans of other teams they are most peoples second team. The Dolphins are one of, if not the, best supported team in the U.K. dating back to the early 80’s when the NFL first caught on over here similarly the Giants, 49ers and Bears still have strong followings.
Prior to the Jags playing in London I doubt many folk even knew which state Jacksonville was in, many can now put a pin in the map pretty accurately.

They're surprisingly numerous. As well as playing a game here every year, they're pretty active in the NFL UK community, or at least were prior to the ongoing global bastard.

Thats really strange for a team that has never accomplished anything meaningful, isn't that old with history and doesn't even have a USA fanbase lol

Love it.
On paper we are the visiting team. Jags is the home team. In reality, no team is home team. Actually, we have more fans in London, thus giving us an advantage.

And because we are the visiting team in London, we get an extra home game here in the states. Good for us.

Love it.
On paper we are the visiting team. Jags is the home team. In reality, no team is home team. Actually, we have more fans in London, thus giving us an advantage.

And because we are the visiting team in London, we get an extra home game here in the states. Good for us.

And it’s not the same stadium the Jags usually play in, so both teams will start pretty even.

The stadium is fabulous, just don’t stray off the main routes to and from the stadium to stations.
The games are subject to Covid rules in the U.K, USA, NFL, NFLPA and need to be pretty much open to capacity I guess.

Haha....are you warning our American friends of the numerous 'projects' as they call it in the North London area.

Prefer Wembley as an entertainment venue now they've built it up compared to Tottenham which has far too many fried chicken & kebab shop local 'delicacies' for my liking which of course maybe novel for tourists.

However, can't deny the new Tottenham stadium is top notch especially compared to the old White Hart Lane.

Going off on a tangent here:

I know this is one of JAX's set home games in London... But instead of making one conference play 9 road games and giving the other 9 home games every year, since they added that 17th game just have that extra game be another conference game and have one conference play that extra conference game at one neutral site. Say the AFC plays their one neutral site game in Mexico this year and the NFC in London. Then just have the conference's switch sites every year. That way no team will have to play more road games than home games in a given year, and hopefully eliminate the need for teams to give up a game game to play internationally. If the NFL really wanted to expose the game globally, this way would ensure Mexico and London would get to see every team at least once every 2 years.

Going off on a tangent here:

I know this is one of JAX's set home games in London... But instead of making one conference play 9 road games and giving the other 9 home games every year, since they added that 17th game just have that extra game be another conference game and have one conference play that extra conference game at one neutral site. Say the AFC plays their one neutral site game in Mexico this year and the NFC in London. Then just have the conference's switch sites every year. That way no team will have to play more road games than home games in a given year, and hopefully eliminate the need for teams to give up a game game to play internationally. If the NFL really wanted to expose the game globally, this way would ensure Mexico and London would get to see every team at least once every 2 years.

Stop it
Stop it now
That’s far too logical
Here’s the plan for 2022 on, a minimum of 4 games to be played internationally, probably 2 at Tottenham, 1 Mexico and it’s no secret that the NFL would love one in Germany.
The Jags could be one of those two London games or be “as well as” who knows?
Every team is involved, including the Packers who are the only team yet to play an IS game.

Back
Top Bottom