DOLPHINS KEEPING TABS ON McCARDELL.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DOLPHINS KEEPING TABS ON McCARDELL....

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I talked to ALEX MARVEZ of the SENTINEL down at Dolphin Camp...on the final day of Quarterback School 1....and we talked about who the Dolphins will be looking at come June 1st.

It looks like there will be some pretty talented names out there....namely ARTURO FREEMAN, DERRICK ALEXANDER, and KEENAN McCARDELL.

I may add that Free Agent WR... MICHAEL WESTBROOK's agent has also contacted the DOlphins....we know he is farmiliar with NORV TURNER.

And WR CHRIS CARTER is still looking to hook up with the DOlphins....as he continues to work out in BOCA RATON. He has been literally been put on hold until JUNE 1.

And by the way.....I was surpised to hear that ARTURO FREEMAN has a home in SOUTH FLORIDA. MARVEZ said that he would love to play down here.....but not for any veteran minimum...no way.

But after talking with MARVEZ.....he gets the feeling that the DOlphins are really probing in on Jacksonville WR....KEENAN McCARDELL.....and keeping good tabs on his salary-cap situation...with regards to the JUNE 1st cap-relief date.

And its a pretty simple conclusion: QB JAY FIEDLER really likes this guy, personally....and has also gotten a nice reccomendation by LEON SEARCY....who both played with MCCARDELL...up in Jacksonvile.

The DOlphins would not mind adding another veteran WR to the roster....but if they are going to be paying a WR.....in that 1.5 million dollar salary range.....than they would much rather give that money to a more younger guy.....than a Chris Carter.
They really only see CARTER playing one more season....then turning his attention towards broadcasting.

McCARDELL....for sure....is definately at the top of the DOlphins veteran WR wish list.....if he does...as expected..come available on JUNE 1st.

DCH

McCardell will be a good addition to the team.
His experience on a team that advanced in the playoffs will be extremely valuable to you guys.

McCardell would be a nice pickup, much better than Freeman(I'm sure you meant Antonio and not Arturo), Alexander or CC.

McCardell doesn't complain, or rag on teammates, and is a solid citizen(Not that the other guys are gangsters or anything).

Westbrook is interesting, only if completely healthy tho.

If we are going to pick up one of those guys, I personally hope it is McCardell, by a landslide, even if he isn't a great speed guy.

I never really liked McCardell but what the heck, I would still rather get CC.

I agree w/Bodzilla29 Westbrook would be nice but only if healthy.

Arturo Freeman is already on our team( you meant Antonio Freeman) But I dont think he has much left to be wanting more than the Vet MIN.

McCardell would be a great addition.:D I'm hoping we get him.

McCardell in a LANDSLIDE. He's 32, but he's still going STRONG. 5 years younger than Carter. He's coming off a 93 catch season in 2001 and caught 94 passes in 2000. Unlike Carter, he didn't make a scene while his Jaguars struggled the last TWO seasons. And he's going to play more than just one year. Plus, Jay is familiar with him.

McCardell's not going to come for the minimum. But if we can get him and Carter for the same money, then the choice is obvious.

Ya, Fiedler and Searcy are pushing for him. Although I'd rather spend the $ somewhere else, there just aren't any DEs or LBs as good as McCardell out there, so he would represent better value.

Actually, I'd rather bring in Keith McKenzie for the same $$, but he wants too much, so he wont be coming to Miami.

Man I would be jumping up and down if we got Keenan. There would be no way in hell you could double team anyone consistently with all that talent at WR/RB and still have to fear Jay ripping off a run here and there. If one of our TE's steps up then damn this will be the best offense we've had since Irving Fryar was here.

McCardell's #'s are very consistent:

1996 85 for 1129
1997 85 for 1164
1998 64 for 892
1999 78 for 891
2000 94 for 1207
2001 93 for 1110

And the biggest stat is since 1995 he has appeared in all 16 games except one year where he was in 15.

NICE!

McCARDELL WOULD BE A FANTASTIC ADDITION. HE'S ALSO A TEAM PLAYER AND WOULD BE A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR CHAMBERS!

mckardell would definately help this team...it makes sense since he played with fiedler...i will be happy if we sign him or cris carter... remember we are 1 chris chambers injury from being average and gadsden is in the final year of his contract...

Why would we want Westbrook?He's a locker room cancer.Much worse than Carter.Keenan McCardell would be my first choice.

Back
Top Bottom