Dolphins' Kenny Stills Listed As One Most Underrated Receivers In Nfl | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Kenny Stills Listed As One Most Underrated Receivers In Nfl

I understand that TDs are essential to winning ball games. All this guy does is catch them on a high % of his receptions. He’s more valuable than DVP and even Jarvis when he was here. Anyone who thinks what he does is so easy, give me another WR since Marino retire who’s been able to consistently stretch defenses and finish downfield?
That Jarvis part is bogus. Jarvis moved the chains more consistently than Kenny scored TDs, which was important for a team that didnt score many touchdowns in the first place, lol.

That Jarvis part is bogus. Jarvis moved the chains more consistently than Kenny scored TDs, which was important for a team that didnt score many touchdowns in the first place, lol.
True, though he often moved them in the wrong direction. ;)

But our PPG was lousy - I was a huge JL fan and overvalued him. I only realized this when I saw Wilson catch the same crosser JL always caught - but Wilson outran everyone to the edge, turned the corner and scored. Landry wasn’t scoring their - point is, a drive w Landry on that play and we are kicking a FG. Jarvis moved the chains but we still couldn’t get in the EZ. I’m saying if the name of the game is to score more points than the other team, Stills offered more value in a sense.

I understand that TDs are essential to winning ball games. All this guy does is catch them on a high % of his receptions. He’s more valuable than DVP and even Jarvis when he was here. Anyone who thinks what he does is so easy, give me another WR since Marino retire who’s been able to consistently stretch defenses and finish downfield?

Mike Wallace, the guy he was traded for. But Wallace was a big free agent so of course that wasn't appreciated.

And disappearing for three out of four games isn't really consistent.

But our PPG was lousy - I was a huge JL fan and overvalued him. I only realized this when I saw Wilson catch the same crosser JL always caught - but Wilson outran everyone to the edge, turned the corner and scored. Landry wasn’t scoring their - point is, a drive w Landry on that play and we are kicking a FG. Jarvis moved the chains but we still couldn’t get in the EZ. I’m saying if the name of the game is to score more points than the other team, Stills offered more value in a sense.

Wilson and Grant both did offer some YAC ability to take it to the house that Landry didn't have, but we pretty much spent the first 5-6 games of the season scarcely sustaining drives the entire football game because it's composed of guys who are too small to present consistent third down targets or make contested catches. Yeah, it was really nice when the three plays we made the entire game went for TD's, but it wasn't a sustainable form of success and it's important for all aspects of your team to have your offense be able to sustain drives, something that Jarvis Landry helped out a lot while Wilson could barely contribute there.

I would trade him too. He's the 32nd highest paid receiver & would go are far to say he's not at top 50 receiver. If we could get a 4th rounder, see ya. Go with Parker, Hurns, Wilson, Williams, Ford, & Grant. Hurns & Grant are free agents after this year & Parker, Stills, & Wilson are free agents after next year.
Name 50 WRs better than Kenny Stills.

I would trade him too. He's the 32nd highest paid receiver & would go are far to say he's not at top 50 receiver. If we could get a 4th rounder, see ya. Go with Parker, Hurns, Wilson, Williams, Ford, & Grant. Hurns & Grant are free agents after this year & Parker, Stills, & Wilson are free agents after next year.
Brother good to see you. We go back a ways and I respect your opinion but you are asking a lot of Parker. I think Stills gives us that deep threat that you have to respect that makes the defense play more honest rather than stacking defenders at the line and making separation harder from the line of scrimmage for our WR's. In my opinion Williams has a great chance to pass Parker on the depth chart. Time will tell. I would keep Stills.
Have a great weekend!
John

Last edited:
PFF ranked Stills 70th in the league last year. Allen Hurns was ranked 68th.

Had Wilson not been injured and carried on, he would have been 13th between Edelman and Mike Evans.

Sorry if I offend anyone except Kenny himself, but if you think the Dolphins need this guy, you don't understand the game at all.

Im convinced that ranking is less a Kenny Stills problem and more an Adam Gase/O-line/QB problem.

Im excited to see what our new offense can do and confident that that ranking will improve greatly this year.

Stills is a good second reciever but gets nicked up to easily and in some games he has produced very little usually due to getting nicked up. Talented sure but Jarvis was very much more productive game in and out and brought toughness to the game that Stills does not.

Mike Wallace, the guy he was traded for. But Wallace was a big free agent so of course that wasn't appreciated.

And disappearing for three out of four games isn't really consistent.
Mike Wallace was a massive disappointment for us. He did not impact games the way Kenny does. Stills has been more effective than Wallace was here.

Wilson and Grant both did offer some YAC ability to take it to the house that Landry didn't have, but we pretty much spent the first 5-6 games of the season scarcely sustaining drives the entire football game because it's composed of guys who are too small to present consistent third down targets or make contested catches. Yeah, it was really nice when the three plays we made the entire game went for TD's, but it wasn't a sustainable form of success and it's important for all aspects of your team to have your offense be able to sustain drives, something that Jarvis Landry helped out a lot while Wilson could barely contribute there.
I’m not saying JL didn’t move the chains. So did Brian Hartline for a couple of years. If your offense can’t score TDs because it sucks in the RZ then it doesn’t matter. My point is not about Wilson and Grant. It’s about Stills and I said it 3 years ago, I’ll say it now - he’s more valuable than Parker (not even close) and impacts the scoreboard (w game changing plays) more than Landry did. What’s this 3-4 game disappearing thing anyway? Do you want him to catch a bomb all 16 weeks? Mark Duper didn’t. Mike Wallace - who stunk here - didn’t. Stills has made more plays to help us win games than Parker or Landry ever did because he gets to the EZ. There are people on here that seem to believe it’s so easy to be an over the top deep threat. There are very few in the league and Kenny is one of them. He’s not a no 1 - he’s your big play guy who takes the top off of the D - yes, even when he’s “disappeared” - something we haven’t had since Marino was throwing the ball. Don’t lose sight of the importance of that.

Stills is a good second reciever but gets nicked up to easily and in some games he has produced very little usually due to getting nicked up. Talented sure but Jarvis was very much more productive game in and out and brought toughness to the game that Stills does not.
How many games has Stills missed since being here? Landry caught a million balls yet we couldn’t score more than 18 PPG.

Stills is horrible. A slower version of Ted Ginn with horrible hands, slightly better than Ginn's. A nonexistent catch radius, limited route tree, can't block, he's maybe a third WR at best and we pay him how much while our Oline falls apart?

We basically picked up people off the street that have more value. I'd rather have paid landry as opposed to this bum.

Back
Top Bottom