Dolphins' Kenny Stills Listed As One Most Underrated Receivers In Nfl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Kenny Stills Listed As One Most Underrated Receivers In Nfl

Mike Wallace was a massive disappointment for us. He did not impact games the way Kenny does. Stills has been more effective than Wallace was here.

Being a "disappointment" and being worse than Stills are two different things. Wallace had more yards both seasons with us than Stills has ever had in four seasons. Wallace averaged 7.5 TD's a season while Stills averages 6, and that was with largely better QB play overall. Wallace's catch percentage is 2 points higher than Stills while a Dolphin.

The only stat where Stills edges out Wallace is Y/C, which can also be explained by Stills mostly only chipping in the occasional deep ball.

You've basically illustrated my point. Wallace actually was better than Stills, its just a matter of perception and expectation.

Stills is horrible. A slower version of Ted Ginn with horrible hands, slightly better than Ginn's. A nonexistent catch radius, limited route tree, can't block, he's maybe a third WR at best and we pay him how much while our Oline falls apart?

We basically picked up people off the street that have more value. I'd rather have paid landry as opposed to this bum.

I wouldn't call Stills horrible but he's a joke as a number one receiver.

How many games has Stills missed since being here? Landry caught a million balls yet we couldn’t score more than 18 PPG.
Point is he has played in many games and caught just 1 2 balls. Thats not a true #1 reciever

Point is he has played in many games and caught just 1 2 balls. Thats not a true #1 reciever
He’s not a no 1 and I have never said that. But he gives you the over the top deep playmaking ability that - even if he did nothing else - is extremely valuable and not easily replaced.

Being a "disappointment" and being worse than Stills are two different things. Wallace had more yards both seasons with us than Stills has ever had in four seasons. Wallace averaged 7.5 TD's a season while Stills averages 6, and that was with largely better QB play overall. Wallace's catch percentage is 2 points higher than Stills while a Dolphin.

The only stat where Stills edges out Wallace is Y/C, which can also be explained by Stills mostly only chipping in the occasional deep ball.

You've basically illustrated my point. Wallace actually was better than Stills, its just a matter of perception and expectation.
No I have not. Wallace was our no 1 receiver and was targeted as such. Stills is a complimentary piece and his %age of TDs to targets is way higher than Wallace was. Wallace sucked as a no 1. Stills shines as a role player. And one you cannot replace very easily. Who’s getting deep w regularity if he’s not here?

No I have not. Wallace was our no 1 receiver and was targeted as such. Stills is a complimentary piece and his %age of TDs to targets is way higher than Wallace was. Wallace sucked as a no 1. Stills shines as a role player. And one you cannot replace very easily. Who’s getting deep w regularity if he’s not here?

Still is our number one receiver. He just doesn't play like it.

Definitely one of the most under-utilized. For the life of me, I can't understand why Stills and Drake didn't get more opportunities under Gase. Stills was open deep a lot and offensive line problems probably accounted for some of his lack of targets. For most teams, I believe Stills would have had 60-70 receptions and maybe 10 touchdowns. Drake is a 1,000 yard runner on most teams IMO.

Still is our number one receiver. He just doesn't play like it.
He’s really not. When Landry was here, it was Landry. We’ve been trying to make that guy be DVP. Stills has always been a complimentary piece. Williams will be our no 1 this year, beating out Parker for snaps. Stills will continue to do what he does - catch long TDs.

Back
Top Bottom