Dolphins' Kenyan Drake Helps Fan Deliver Message To Ryan Fitzpatrick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' Kenyan Drake Helps Fan Deliver Message To Ryan Fitzpatrick

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake is currently visiting Brazil as part of his time off this offseason. His mission? To help cure smiles of children in need with the Smile Train Foundation.
Drake took to Twitter yesterday to share a video message from a Brazilian New York Jets fan — in a Sam Darnold t-shirt, no less — addressed to new Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

“Man, I just want to thank you because I play quarterback here and you inspire me a lot to do it. Your playing style, you know — fearless, sometimes even reckless. Before I play games, I watch you play. I am your biggest fan in the world. There is a song, “The Amish Rifle”, that Bills fans made for you — I listen to it every time I’m going to play. Every time I’m going to practice. Because your playing style inspires me.”:cool:

** Sorry, I forgot the reference material
https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...elps-fan-deliver-message-to-ryan-fitzpatrick/

Last edited:
I have thought similarly about Fitzpatrick for a couple of years now.

Everytime we played the Jets I would think to myself I wish Tannehill had this guys mentality. He is a risk taker and he is having fun out there.

The guy throws interceptions because he is trying to win and beat you on every play.

I really think Josh Rosen has his work cut out for him trying to beat this guy. Even Jameis Winston a #1 pick and former heisman winner had trouble beating this guy out.

I have thought similarly about Fitzpatrick for a couple of years now. Fitz 3 yr ago.

Everytime we played the Jets I would think to myself I wish Tannehill had this guys mentality. He is a risk taker and he is having fun out there.

The guy throws interceptions because he is trying to win and beat you on every play.

I really think Josh Rosen has his work cut out for him trying to beat this guy. Even Jameis Winston a #1 pick and former heisman winner had trouble beating this guy out.
His job should be push Rosen not start. I like him more as backup.. it so important for dolphins give Rosen reps this yr. I wish we had gotten him 3 yr ago. I agree w that.

Last edited:
Miami Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake is currently visiting Brazil as part of his time off this offseason. His mission? To help cure smiles of children in need with the Smile Train Foundation.
Drake took to Twitter yesterday to share a video message from a Brazilian New York Jets fan — in a Sam Darnold t-shirt, no less — addressed to new Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

“Man, I just want to thank you because I play quarterback here and you inspire me a lot to do it. Your playing style, you know — fearless, sometimes even reckless. Before I play games, I watch you play. I am your biggest fan in the world. There is a song, “The Amish Rifle”, that Bills fans made for you — I listen to it every time I’m going to play. Every time I’m going to practice. Because your playing style inspires me.”:cool:
That’s good **** right there. Love it.

His job should be push Rosen not start. I like him more as backup.. it so important for dolphins give Rosen reps this yr. I wish we had gotten him 3 yr ago. I agree w that.

I disagree. If Rosen cant beat out Fitzpatrick he doesnt seserve to start and we have our answer.

I dont want our future franchise quarterback to be worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I so much prefer a QB who attacks down the field. Especially after the last decade of Hennehill and their "chunk inches" style of play.

However, Fitzpatrick's career 205 TD (pass + rush) - 176 TO (interception + fumbles lost) is horrendous.

I can't imagine a scenario other than an injury to Rosen that Josh doesn't get multiple opportunities to start this year.

I disagree. If Rosen cant beat out Fitzpatrick he doesnt seserve to start and we have our answer.

I dont want our future franchise quarterback to be worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick.
They will be close by September anyway....I want Rosen but if Fitz starts. It not end of world in miami. That mean we drafting qb next yr.

I so much prefer a QB who attacks down the field. Especially after the last decade of Hennehill and their "chunk inches" style of play.

However, Fitzpatrick's career 205 TD (pass + rush) - 176 TO (interception + fumbles lost) is horrendous.

I can't imagine a scenario other than an injury to Rosen that Josh doesn't get multiple opportunities to start this year.
That TD to INT ratio would’ve gotten you to Canton in the 60’s and 70’s. Today, not so much.

I don't think the bottom line on success or failure for Josh Rosen is to win the starting job. We've got him signed for a few years on the cheap. I say start Rosen when he is really ready. I hope the team around him, especially o-line is also ready. The last thing we want is to start Rosen before he is totally comfortable in the offense and have him fail. He had a rough time in Arizona and I think it's important that he builds on small successes a little at a time. I feel that patience is going to be required if you want to bring Rosen along the right way. Flores, Campbell and O'Shea will know when the kid is ready. If he's not ready until game 3 or 4, that's when you put him him. I see a young QB with all the tools in the world to be great. I really hope it happens for Miami and for Rosen.

Back
Top Bottom