Dolphins Kicking Battle Is One To Watch | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Kicking Battle Is One To Watch

Yep major oversight looking at it from the current perspective. Rizzi is expected to make chicken salad out of chicken poop.v

Well Rizzi is heavily involved in getting the ingredients. Has he given us any reason to doubt his coaching ability? I think he has done a good job with special teams thus far.

Rooting for the FAU guy but just give me a guy who is close to automatic on kicks at or under 45 yards. I can live with the occasion miss from 50+ yards but stuff under that needs to be made*.

*Unless if the weather is complete ****.

Big time.

Parkey had a bit of an IT factor that good kickers have.

Huge unforced error not to sign him.

Right now is shaping up to be a weakness for Miami, and there was no need for that.

LD

Not to mention Parkey grew up in South Florida and was a huge Dolphins fan as a kid. He was the perfect kicker for Miami. I get not wanting to pay a kicker a lot of money but IMO this is one of the bigger positions needed for successful teams. How many games ... championships even ... has New England won with their kickers over the years. It was a bad move for Miami to let him walk.

That's why you sign talent when you have the chance. Or wait till later, swallow your pride and match the money.

Kickers who get better the higher the pressure are rare. When you see that developing (in any playmaker), you roll the dice and sign before the market prices you out.

LD

Perhaps they didn’t think he’d be signed for as much money as he was. No idea really.

Well Rizzi is heavily involved in getting the ingredients. Has he given us any reason to doubt his coaching ability? I think he has done a good job with special teams thus far.
Its called rolling the dice and the longer you keep rolling the dice eventually you get bit, even if you're a card shark. Rizzi might be great but greatness willnot overcome bad luck just as great luck can make bad coaching look good

This is going to sound crazy but Parkey was the player I was the most upset about losing this offseason.
same here.. maybe it's an over-reaction, but this one enraged me because I gotta believe if the FO had been proactive it could have been avoided and Parkey would be spending his winters at home in Jupiter.

Parkey got an insane amount of money. If we were going to sign him it would have to have been during the season before the market for him set.
We picked him up right before the season started off of waivers. Are you saying we should have given him a huge contract right after the worst team in football cut him? That's crazier than giving TJ McDonald that extension before his eight game suspension was served.

Back
Top Bottom