Dolphins likely to have 9 "home" regular season games in 2021 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins likely to have 9 "home" regular season games in 2021

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The 17 game regular season seems to still be on track to begin in 2021 and Peter King reports the AFC this season will be the ones getting the extra home game.

Hearing it’s most likely to be AFC hosting all 16 newly invented games in 2021. Then NFC teams hosting in 2022. If that’s how it goes, it’s the fairest way. Competitive equity is the key. You don’t want three NFC East teams playing eight at home and the fourth playing nine at home.

Now does that mean Miami will truly have 9 home games in Hard Rock Stadium? Or is the league still going to send the Dolphins to London to "host" a game? If the Dolphins are actually able to get all 9 physically in Miami, they will actually play 11 of their 17 games this upcoming season in the state of Florida!

The simplest way to do it would be each team plays 8 home games, 8 away games, and 1 neutral site game. That way teams that play in London or Mexico City don't lose a home game. The added game against the other conference could be the neutral site game. It would be fair for everybody.

It looks like it. Not a fan of the London games. I wonder how they're going to add the extra team since the teams are already picked out for the 2021 schedule

Am I the only one who's not a fan of the 17 game season? 16 game schedule seemed perfect with even amount of home and away games. This just adds 2 extra games to playoff teams as well. Plus passing records are going to be obliterated.

It looks like it. Not a fan of the London games. I wonder how they're going to add the extra team since the teams are already picked out for the 2021 schedule

Am I the only one who's not a fan of the 17 game season? 16 game schedule seemed perfect with even amount of home and away games. This just adds 2 extra games to playoff teams as well. Plus passing records are going to be obliterated.
I am against 17 games honestly. Just imagine if your team is horrible why watch them play an additional horrible game? Might as well start adding an additional bye week.

The way they devised how the matchup is decided for 17th game is interesting. Inter-divisional.

A I understand it, you look at the division in the other conference you played two years ago. Then you look at who finished in the same spot in the standings one year ago.

I'm not a fan of a 17 game schedule. There is something symmetrical about 32 teams and 16 games.

The players disagree; they seem to be of the opinion the 16 game schedule is brutal enough for them.
I'm sure the players want to stay at 16 and I don't blame them. My opinion is if the league is going to increase the amount of regular season games then it should keep it an even number so that there's an equal amount of home and road games.

I’d rather them fix the tanking issues over a 17th game.

Passing records have already been forever altered due to all the BS rules implemented over the last 10 year to benefit offense.

Good point about the neutral sites, that makes sense. If things go that way, looks like the game added would be against the Giants.

Back
Top Bottom