Dolphins Loading Up for Super Bowl Run- CBS | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Loading Up for Super Bowl Run- CBS

So many variables here. First, a 'negative.' New D scheme, new starters. It will take 5-8 games for the D to get to the point playing is automatic. I'm hoping the schedule isn't tough in the 1st half.
Flip side is the O. Seems to be some justified concern over the OL. But, the O isn't alone. As long-time football fans know, the play-calling can make the OL look better or worse. Quick passes will help. An improved run game will help. Reducing penalties will help. If, as I hope, Mcd can improve in play-calling, he should help the OL a lot. No, he can't turn bottom-dwellers into top 5, but an average OL will help a lot.
I get the concern over TT's health. He needs to play all 17. But, even here, let's not pretend he's unusual. What are the chances of KC without Mahommes? Cincy without Burrow? I'm not downplaying hx, I'm just pointing out QB is the key position and, while health is important, some make it sound like Miami is unique.
IMHO, just as important is Mcd and how much (if) he's grown as an OC.

So exciting right now in Dolphins Nation.

There will always be those ifs (too in the forefront) - yet what if other great QB's went down for the season

Now, I do not know Mike White a great deal but I remember listening to a late season game on the radio where he was getting obliterated and kept coming back into the game.. So warrior and grew up a Dolphins fan

So at QB we are Great and if we have what could get us through still

The rest of the team is also just SOLID and a lot of those players are now entering their 3rd and 4th years and could just increase their output

The Jalen Ramsey trade reminds me of the Tyreek one in so many ways. Both wanted to be here and both looked ecstatic when coming. It may not be Ramsey but I feel this defence will end the season with at least one ALL Pro

Then...season 2 with Waddle and Hill. that's just.
Walking GIF
Cat Wow GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Whenever you think about our chance to win the SB in 2023, here's the way we should look at it imo.....the top 3 teams in the AFC the last couple of years have been KC,Cincy and Buffalo.......all 3 have lost and gained players and by the looks of it I'd say that KC and Cincy look at least as good as they were the last couple of years if not a bit better........Have Buffalo lost more than they have gained?......I think it's close so.......

Most likely in order to make it out of the AFC and into the SB chances are very high that we'll have to beat at least two of those 3 teams in the playoffs which means our team can not just be better than last year but rather, we need to be much better.

Staying healthy would go a long way to be much better. Our offense will need to be more balance/complete and our defense will have to be much better than last year.

At THIS moment we seem to be counting on the same OL and RB room as last year which wasn’t good enough. We also don’t have a real number one TE yet.

Adding a good TE/OL in the draft and/or maybe a good RB could give us what we need to play with the big boys so time will tell. I like what I see "so far" but we have work to do.

P.S. Playing at home for the playoffs would of course go a long way. At the end of the day is not "are we better than we were last year"?

The question is, are we going to be better than KC,Cincinnati and Buffalo?
We almost beat Buffalo with a much worse defense and Skylar at QB... Buffalo is hyper overrated AND missing their DC. The Bengals are beatable and Fangio has the cheat codes for the Chiefs. If we can stay healthy, we can beat anyone in the league.

We almost beat Buffalo with a much worse defense and Skylar at QB... Buffalo is hyper overrated AND missing their DC. The Bengals are beatable and Fangio has the cheat codes for the Chiefs. If we can stay healthy, we can beat anyone in the league.
Well, I believe we can if things fall the right way. Like I said, staying healthy is the main thing which last year we couldn’t do. One thing to keep in mind is that we always say, it WE stay healthy but what if EVERY team stays healthy?.......that's when you really see who the better team is.

I hear you, but the goal should be to win it all.
Who said that's not the goal? This year winning the SB is totally the goal. We're not making these moves and bringing in these older veterans to have a chance years down the road. It's win now time.

Well, I believe we can if things fall the right way. Like I said, staying healthy is the main thing which last year we couldn’t do. One thing to keep in mind is that we always say, it WE stay healthy but what if EVERY team stays healthy?.......that's when you really see who the better team is.
We're not even close to the most injured team. We just happen to get injuries in the wrong positions.

Health especially Tua also Armstead, Long, X, Jackson [if starting] and others
Stability on the OL - have the same 5 each week
VF gives us a top 10 D
McD learn's clock management a lot better
We could give the SB a real shake.

Health especially Tua also Armstead, Long, X, Jackson [if starting] and others
Stability on the OL - have the same 5 each week
VF gives us a top 10 D
McD learn's clock management a lot better
We could give the SB a real shake.
Absolutely. I would be astonished to see us not in the AFC Champ game at the minimum.

Last edited:
A lot of Buffalo fans holding their assholes during that game! 3 games in 2022 between both teams settled by a total of 8 points, yeah I think Miami proved they belong in the talk about winning the division in 2023.

A lot of Buffalo fans holding their assholes during that game! 3 games in 2022 between both teams settled by a total of 8 points, yeah I think Miami proved they belong in the talk about winning the division in 2023.
I think we did more than that. We're right now the top team in the division in most's eyes. Of course, the moronic sports media will suddenly make the Jets out to be SB faves if they pull off getting Rodgers. Blegh. We'll just have to let our on field performance do our talking for us.

I think we did more than that. We're right now the top team in the division in most's eyes. Of course, the moronic sports media will suddenly make the Jets out to be SB faves if they pull off getting Rodgers. Blegh. We'll just have to let our on field performance do our talking for us.
I would like to see Chris Simms punched squarely in his mouth on live TV.

Defense is great but last year the leagues #1 defense wasn't enough to beat Mahomes in the Super Bowl. That's the way the league has moved. It's an offensive league and we have spent all offseason neglecting the offense. Except adding Mike White lol.

No matter how many great defenders we add, neglecting the oline results in a failure of the offseason.

We can't let Tua get hit, that was obvious last year, without Tua were not a good football team, plain and simple.

If Tua gets hurt next year we might see the end of Grier after next season and to be honest, allowing our oline to remain awful for so many years is a fireable offense.
The good news is the Dolphins have one of the league's top offenses

Here's the new power ranks to let NFL to chime in on on our Dolphins up to #10.

Previous rank: No. 15

The Dolphins haven't reached the Super Bowl since Dan Marino's second season. They're operating like a franchise hell-bent on snapping that dry spell in 2023. Nearly one year after acquiring Tyreek Hill in a blockbuster deal with the Chiefs, Miami added another future Hall of Famer in cornerback Jalen Ramsey, acquired at the modest cost of a third-round pick and backup tight end Hunter Long. Ramsey will join Xavien Howard to form perhaps the best cornerback duo in football, while Hill and Jaylen Waddle look poised to continue to torch defenses. Tua Tagovailoa is the starting QB, but new backup Mike White was a smart pickup who can keep the offense moving if Tua misses time again.

Back
Top Bottom