Dolphins Logo - Wood Burning / Engraving | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Logo - Wood Burning / Engraving

snook said:
I am not sure where to post this, or where to look, so I am going to try posting here for suggestions

I am making a wood cabinet for my game room, and I would like to wood burn the Miami Dolphins logo or helmet on the face of it

Anyone have any suggestion on how I can do this ?
Tried a Google search, but not coming up with anything helpfull

Thanks in advance!

I have a machine that can make a cut out sticker of the dolphins logo and you could trace it then use your wood burner/ soldering iron type of tool to burn it

WOW thats sounds awesome--dont know how you do it but do it anyway--I had "Offerdahl" burnt onto to sign for my address board once, but i dont remember how they done it

Why don't you just call Ricky Williams, I hear he is really good at 'burning' things!:roflmao:
In fact, he prefers to burn things more than he does playing football.:D

I'm sure you could get something like that professionally done. Just don't know who you would get a hold of to do something like that. Sounds awesome though.

snook said:
I am not sure where to post this, or where to look, so I am going to try posting here for suggestions

I am making a wood cabinet for my game room, and I would like to wood burn the Miami Dolphins logo or helmet on the face of it

Anyone have any suggestion on how I can do this ?
Tried a Google search, but not coming up with anything helpfull

Thanks in advance!

I can do it on my laser engraver.
:cooldude:

if you do end up engraving it post a pic on here so we can all see what it looks like, if it looks good i may have to steal your idea

Thanks for all the reply guys!

allred65 said:

Where are you located ?

I think this is the way I would need to go, to have it come out the best
And the front piece I have, is already finished.. (stained and cleared)

Im a welder.The best way is to make it out on iron,burn it,and then slap it down.There are no mistakes this way.I can do it for you,but i live in New Jersey.

snook said:
Thanks for all the reply guys!

Where are you located ?

I think this is the way I would need to go, to have it come out the best
And the front piece I have, is already finished.. (stained and cleared)

NC

You can use a router to do this and they come in several different forms for different depths and patterns.

This is a little bit off topic but I thought it would work in this thread......Does anybody know where I could buy a MD Neon light? Like the Budweiser/Miller Lite lights in a sports bar....Thanks!

allred65 said:
:cooldude:
So can I...I have access to two laser engravers. Universal 25 and 50 watt machines. Engraves wood like butter....

and in what format do I need to get the log in, if I want to get in laser engraved ?

If it's a log you want this on, now it gets tricky. If it's a flat piece of wood, it can be 18" x 32" and it'll fit in the machine.

Back
Top Bottom