Dolphins Logo - Wood Burning / Engraving | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Logo - Wood Burning / Engraving

snook

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am not sure where to post this, or where to look, so I am going to try posting here for suggestions

I am making a wood cabinet for my game room, and I would like to wood burn the Miami Dolphins logo or helmet on the face of it

Anyone have any suggestion on how I can do this ?
Tried a Google search, but not coming up with anything helpfull

Thanks in advance!

snook said:
I am not sure where to post this, or where to look, so I am going to try posting here for suggestions

I am making a wood cabinet for my game room, and I would like to wood burn the Miami Dolphins logo or helmet on the face of it

Thanks in advance!

I would probably trace the outline of the logo with pencil onto where you want it then use a wood burning/engraving tool (forget what you call them..) to trace the outline and burn it into the wood.

SkapePhin said:
I would probably trace the outline of the logo with pencil onto where you want it then use a wood burning/engraving tool (forget what you call them..) to trace the outline and burn it into the wood.

what he said but...try it on a couple of sample pieces of wood and if it turns out good do it...if not then just slap a dolphins sticker on it and call it a day

Buddwalk said:
what he said but...try it on a couple of sample pieces of wood and if it turns out good do it...if not then just slap a dolphins sticker on it and call it a day

good call. :up:

The last thing you would want is some disfigured dolphin on a nice piece of furniture..

snook said:

Thanks in advance!

#1Trace the outline of the logo.
#2 Use a router instead of a wood burner.
#3 After you finish the the logo then use a wood burner to just darken the grooves that form the logo.
#4 Stain or varnish the wood.

I did it and it looks excellent. :wink:

Oh yeah skape, shut up and get to making my sig. :D

Hellion said:
#1Trace the outline of the logo.
#2 Use a router instead of a wood burner.
#3 After you finish the the logo then use a wood burner to just darken the grooves that form the logo.
#4 Stain or varnish the wood.

I did it and it looks excellent. :wink:

Oh yeah skape, shut up and get to making my sig. :D

lol.. Still waiting on Mrs. Hellion to come help me out.

Check out your PM I sent you her website addy. The rest is up to you mac Daddy.:wink:

Hellion said:
Check out your PM I sent you her website addy. The rest is up to you mac Daddy.:wink:

I thought she was your wife for a second...i'd assinate you and then tell her im her son your husband never told you about, then what comes next you all know...sounds like a good plan anyway

You may want to wait a couple months and see if the logo stays the same. Since they are renaming the stadium, I could see them making small adjustments to the logo.

Hellion's got the right idea and that, creatively is how I would go about it, but no matter the method make sure you practice. Get the same kind of wood and practice whatever it is you decide on.

SkapePhin said:
lol.. Still waiting on Mrs. Hellion to come help me out.
I actually bumped into Jennifer Ellison in Manchester two weeks ago... she's hot.

Back
Top Bottom