Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

I think if it goes 4 QBs and Sewell we'll take Pitts or Chase. In fact, it's my belief that if either Chase or Pitt's are there at 6 we're going to run the card up. I would guess Chase and Pitts are 1 and 2 on Miami's board. If both are there I have no idea who they'll pick but we'll be getting a major stud. There comes a time where you have to make a pick and forget about trading down. This is that time especially if Chase or Pitts are there.

I think if it goes 4 QBs and Sewell we'll take Pitts or Chase. In fact, it's my belief that if either Chase or Pitt's are there at 6 we're going to run the card up. I would guess Chase and Pitts are 1 and 2 on Miami's board. If both are there I have no idea who they'll pick but we'll be getting a major stud. There comes a time where you have to make a pick and forget about trading down. This is that time especially if Chase or Pitts are there.
I think almost every Dolphins fan agrees with this.

This is it to me. You trade down from 3 to 12 to make sure you get something. Don't want to end up like Detroit last year. You trade back up to 6, because you can be in a position on draft night to flip that pick for more than you gave up to get back up there, while still picking earlier than 12. If that doesn't materialize, at least you got an extra 1st and 3rd for moving back, and you likely have Pitts on the board.

If Pitts goes to Atlanta, Denver should be desperate for a QB. And, unlike 12, at 9, you're pretty much guaranteed one of Smith or Waddle.
I thought the net gain was insufficient but if he ends up with Pitts (doubt it) hard to argue results.
Maybe if he retained the 2022 1st or at very least reserved option of the better of the SF/ Miami 1sts... maybe bit more satisfying

Getting picks is great but at some point you have to get players!

Why draft Tua at #5 then not give him weapons to perform? If we don't do it now we could be looking at another QB in 2022/23 simply because we haven't armed the #5 pick we have! That would be utter madness.
doesnt matter he cant throw the ball to anyone anyway...i say stock pile picks for the next few years until this brass finally realizes they made a colossal blunder drafting Tagovailoa

If given a chance to go back and select any those guys using our first....would you?
Always respect you opines, but I'm not sure the point of that question.

First of all, that's hindsight. You could point to many players that outperform, as well as underperform their draft slot.

Second, the statement could be interpreted as a reason to trade a rd1 pick for 4 or 5 rd3s, for better odds at finding that gem amonst the rubble.

Always respect you opines, but I'm not sure the point of that question.

First of all, that's hindsight. You could point to many players that outperform, as well as underperform their draft slot.

Second, the statement could be interpreted as a reason to trade a rd1 pick for 4 or 5 rd3s, for better odds at finding that gem amonst the rubble.
My point of the question is simple. If you would redraft a reciever in the first that went later....doesn't mean wr aren't worth a high first to begin with, it's merely an evaluation issue.

My point of the question is simple. If you would redraft a reciever in the first that went later....doesn't mean wr aren't worth a high first to begin with, it's merely an evaluation issue.
Then the obvious conclusions would be either NFL evaluators are all incompetent, or more likely, there is no definitive way to tell, and it is to a large extent a "crap shoot" to find "elite".

I guess we can assume higher picks, as a rule, have a higher floor, but not necessarily a higher ceiling?

Then the obvious conclusions would be either NFL evaluators are all incompetent, or more likely, there is no definitive way to tell, and it is to a large extent a "crap shoot" to find "elite".

I guess we can assume higher picks, as a rule, have a higher floor, but not necessarily a higher ceiling?
I wouldn't say all evaluators are incompetent. But it has to say something when redrafts are completed years later that wr move much higher...no? If we look up players at any position, that were drafted late but excelled. Does that really have anything to do with position? No. So I'm just pushing a different take. I'm not pointing to incompetence. However, every year many players outperform their draft. WR is a the top of that list simple due to where they have currently fell. But draft positions fall and rise. Look at RB. 20 years ago they were #1s. Now, Noone on this board wants one in the first!

I like your ideas, but I think its highly likely the Falcons are the ones trading down for a team needing a QB. Assuming that happens we can pick our receiver between Pitts and Chase and be content with that. Hopefully we can trade down to 9. Youll still get your playmaker and another second rounder to get another starter on the OL.
I think the Falcons are much more likely to draft a QB at 4 if their choices are Fields and Lance. SF taking Mac Jones would be a good thing for us IMO

If the Dolphins trade away for lower draft picks or future picks then what they are telling us is that they are not interested in being competitive this year, that they are willing to throw away another of our life as fans because they don't have the confidence to make the correct first round pick. I have been waiting for over 35 years for the team to be relevant. Watching the front office wimp-out again may just be the nail in the coffin that drives this fan away. Winning: if not now, then when. Give me a date and show me a believable plan.

Back
Top Bottom