Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade 6 pick?

IMO anybody who keeps thinking it's Chase over Smith doesn't understand what the Dolphin's offense best fit is.
The best of Tua is quick set up, quickest release in the game, accurate.tempo tempo tempo.

The best of Smith is, get off the line quick, separate, excellent hands, and finish,

match.

I don't think Miami wants to drop out of top 10/11. Maybe Chicago or Washington could trade to that 10/11 range and again trade again up to us, much like the Eagles did the year they moved all the way up to 2 to draft Wentz. Don't know how much it would really cost to do a double move. That is something that would have to be done before the draft.....so probably not.....ehhh never mind.

Absolutely right, great point. And certain players excel in certain systems but not in others. So, while we want to draft BPA, it's more important to get a guy who fits our scheme and represents a BPA option within that tier.
Which is exactly why it's been so difficult for me to judge our GM at times with the coaching churn we have had here over the years. Players for one coach do not fit for the next coach we bring in but go elsewhere and excell. So really it takes 3 or more years to see how a coach can really can do and that reflects on the gm. If you include the draft picks we used on Bowden and Brieda last year we got some decent bang for our buck with Weaver being the only pick that got axed and all picks contributed. Based on draft projections I thought our picks exceeded those expectations.

Is there any way to trade our #18 to Houston for their next years 1st and 2nd? As bad as Houston is going to be, I want to find a way to get their 1st again.

That 1st overall pick would turn into many 1st for years to come with a trade down from there.

That would be the ultimate draft pimp move by Grier.
Houston is going to tank this year. Watson could be out all season and they can go for the 1st pick. No way they are trading.

Give me the best separator in the draft - Waddle OR
Give me the unjammable redzone monster who also can take it 60 yards PITTS

Houston is going to tank this year. Watson could be out all season and they can go for the 1st pick. No way they are trading.
I would do that trade in a heartbeat if they would. But yeah, they know that they are going to suck so I'm sure that they would never do it.

I disagree with the chart on many levels, picking up a 2nd and losing 3 spots in the top 10 is a loss imo..
I mean we gave up a future 1st (which is worth roughly a 2nd this year) plus swapped a mid round pick this year to move up from 12 to 6. Mind you, half the board was enraged we gave up that much. The move from 6 to 9 would be worth a lot less than that. The Broncos COULD grossly overpay to move up. However, I’d imagine they would want a future pick swap if they even offered their 2nd round pick this year.

This is why it is very possible Miami trades down. The extra picks gives Miami a better chance at selecting several of these kids.

I'm a big Hainsey fan , given where he's being mocked.

Deablo too is interesting as a hybrid ss/lb on nickel downs. He's a huge man and very fast. At deep safety or boundary coverage he regularly gets burned for his lack of fluidity and initial burst, but he's very comfortable inside with the game in front. Not many DBs read it better than him.
If we're looking for a guy like that there's Deablo, Stevens of LSU and maybe Hufanga of USC who could really be used as hybrid chess pieces in nickel and dime coverages.

Wow someone found an outlier and only 30 years ago
Devante Adams 53 overall
Aj Brown 51 overall
Dk Metcalf 64 overall
Justin Jefferson 22 overall
Tyreke hill 165 overall
Steffan Diggs 5th round
Calvin Ridley

Last year top 10 receiving stats featured 2 Tes Kelce and fuller.

6 of the above mentioned names were top 10 last year in receiving stats..

Allen Robinson also made the top 10. He was pick 61 overall.

DeAndre Hopkins 27 overall.

At what point do they stop being outliers?

Not 1 top 10 pick. Only 3 first round picks made the list.

Last edited:
Devante Adams 53 overall
Aj Brown 51 overall
Dk Metcalf 64 overall
Tyreke hill 165 overall
Steffan Diggs 5th round
Calvin Ridley

A lot of ppl just refuse to acknowledge the historical realities of drafting WRs.

Devante Adams 53 overall
Aj Brown 51 overall
Dk Metcalf 64 overall
Tyreke hill 165 overall
Steffan Diggs 5th round
Calvin Ridley

You know hard it is to find a draft outlier about as obvious as finding the nose on your face

Devante Adams 53 overall
Aj Brown 51 overall
Dk Metcalf 64 overall
Tyreke hill 165 overall
Steffan Diggs 5th round
Calvin Ridley

If given a chance to go back and select any those guys using our first....would you?

Back
Top Bottom