Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
One week after NFL.com's Jeff Darlington told the "ATL Debate Club" he expects the Dolphins to take an aggressive approach to the draft, we're hearing the same from NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.
The former league scout pegged the Dolphins as one of three teams poised to trade up. Miami, in theory, wants to hop in front of the Chargers at No. 11 for the chance to land one of the draft's top three offensive tackles. "All signs point toward" the Chiefs grabbing Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel at No. 1, according to Jeremiah, but that still leaves Central Michigan's Eric Fisher and Oklahoma's Lane Johnson.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...hins-looking-to-trade-up?campaign=Twitter_atl

Eh..... Not liking this. Milliner or waste of a trade up, imo.

hence, the procrastination on Winston.

I think they like Fisher. Trade with Oakland, give them Jerry and our pick and a 2nd. You have your stud LT.

he likes to draft the higher priced guys. :)

This doesn't come as a surprise. What would it cost to move up 2-3 spots to select Johnson if he gets to #9 or #10.

I don't see that happening. I would be very surprised.

i wouldn't. they way i see it, our front office is not in love with the idea of having Jonathan Martin at LT for a full season but they're also aware they're not getting one of the top three LT's in the draft unless they make a move.

Re: Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft

Lane Johnson would be a brilliant draft pick.

Martin has potential but if he turns into a liability we're screwed. Not a sexy idea at 9 or so but may be important when thinking rationally.

move up to select a ot? Hell selecting an ot at all in round 1 is terrible.

this team never learns.......

it's not such a stupid idea when you actually have a QB.

when you run a west coast offense, you dont need the top ot's....you know, because the goal is to get the ball out fast on timing routes. A guy like Big Ben needs a top one, not this team.

How many first rounders and big money contracts have we spent on this terrible line? And now we are contemplating spending another first rounder in addition to a second or third rounder?

Spending assets on the line and not difference makers is what put this team into mediocrity to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom